More threads by Cuoreimpavido

Cuoreimpavido

Reaction score
Hi. Around 2 months ago, 3-4 fake LSA pages popped in our area. They have anywhere between 300-4000 reviews. There are no businesses with these names in our state. No google maps for them. And the reviews are connected to parks and unrelated businesses.

I tried to report them a few weeks ago with this form: Report Misconduct or Abuse - Local Services Help
And after a few days I received an email that my concerns are being checked by their team but they can’t share information about it. But unfortunately nothing happened with that. The LSA pages are still there and still ranking like a beast all over the state. Basically pushing down every single legit business in every town and city in the state (I called my competitors owners, all confirmed to be hit by them).

LSA phone support can’t help. They directed me to that same contact form.

Any ideas what to do?

They look super legit to potential customers, I'm not sure that these customers even realize they clicked on a fake LSA listing even after the job is done. They just get horrible service and prices and think all local businesses are horrible without knowing what just happened.
100% Well said. Same exact situation over here. I'm happy that LSA was never my main lead source.

Does it actually affect sales or traffic?

Hi. Around 2 months ago, 3-4 fake LSA pages popped in our area. They have anywhere between 300-4000 reviews. There are no businesses with these names in our state. No google maps for them. And the reviews are connected to parks and unrelated businesses.

I tried to report them a few weeks ago with this form: Report Misconduct or Abuse - Local Services Help
And after a few days I received an email that my concerns are being checked by their team but they can’t share information about it. But unfortunately nothing happened with that. The LSA pages are still there and still ranking like a beast all over the state. Basically pushing down every single legit business in every town and city in the state (I called my competitors owners, all confirmed to be hit by them).

LSA phone support can’t help. They directed me to that same contact form.

Any ideas what to do?

I’m having the exact same problem in London, UK. LSA worked great until around 2 months ago. It’s now been saturated with fake spam/scam companies. I’ve even called a few up posing as a customer. They are essentially agencies selling the leads onto unverified third parties. The third parties appear to use all kinds of tactics to rip off the end user. It’s killing the LSA platform for genuine local business. I’ve spoken to google and they don’t care

any updates on this? we are now experiencing the same thing in the moving industry in the USA. exact same concept. how are they getting so many Google guaranteed GMB pages? this has drastically increased the cost per lead and has buried our legit business with 100+ legit 5 star reviews. i have reported the listings to Google with screenshots, but from previous posts i have read here, that is not going to do much.

LSA-fake2.jpg

LSA-fake-5stars.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom