More threads by luischavez0104

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, I've noticed that for our service area business in the map preview Google shows a service area but when you expand the map then a pin shows. Has anyone else been seeing this?
These are both SAB's with no address showing.

1683144906979.jpg

1683144977725.jpg

Solution
Google recently stopped showing the service areas at certain low zoom levels, when they do that, they dump a pin at the centroid of the service area.
Is the pin positioned accurately on top of the address that your business is registered at, or is the pin in the center of the service area?

Google recently stopped showing the service areas at certain low zoom levels, when they do that, they dump a pin at the centroid of the service area.

Solution

Thank you! Is there an article published on this or any content? I was searching and did not see anything. I just want to explain the situation as clear as possible to our client

Nope. I suspect not many professionals really noticed because, y'know, such a large service area is technically against Google's rules anyway.

We have this issue in Quebec primarily because certain areas people use are much larger in reality than the mental conception of them that people have (much of the territories in question is not actually inhabited).

Why? I don't consider this a bug since I agree if you've tried to make such a large service area, you're wasting your time. Besides it still shows correctly in the knowledge panel.

Ignore it. I’d be more concerned with having overlapping service areas and setting your service area over two hours from your location.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom