More threads by Medicareexpert

Reaction score
My SAB website doesn't show up on Google Search, even when I type in the exact name of the business. Florida Seniors Health Insurance or my category, health insurance agent. Other Medicare insurance agents show up. When I do a search for Medicare Insurance Agent, the results show many agents including one on the other side of the state of Florida. I've worked very hard on the website which is floridaseniorshealthinsurance.com as well as my google profile. A couple of months ago, I added in my home address and the business wasn't suspended but had to be reverified. I had a phone call with a google representative who required me to show him a video of my home office and my car and mileage which I use when I meet with clients at their homes, but it was reverified again as a SAB.

Hi Renee, I apologize in advance, but you may not like my response. However I sincerely am trying to help. I understand and believe that you've put a lot of work into your website and your Google Business Profile. You've got a lot of helpful and informative content. More importantly, you seem to really understand the complexities of Medicare and appear to be very passionate about helping people.

Unfortunately there are a significant number of issues with your website (and individual web pages) that go far beyond explaining on this thread. If at all possible, I'd suggest trying to find a professional SEO person/agency that also has experience with website design, that can assist you and also audit your Google Business Profile. Additionally, it will be very difficult to compete effectively on the Local Pack in your industry/vertical with an SAB profile. I realize that you have tried to change your GBP, but Google's guidelines are probably going to prevent you from being anything other than an SAB (just like your recent call with Google) without some changes to how you operate your business. In an earlier post you made, @Tony Wang gave a very good explanation of the GBP challenges facing a home based business like yours: Lost Health Insurance Business Profile on Google Maps and Local Searches. Need Help! | Help & Support for Google Local

Last edited:
Hi Renee, I apologize in advance, but you may not like my response. However I sincerely am trying to help. I understand and believe that you've put a lot of work into your website and your Google Business Profile. You've got a lot of helpful and informative content. More importantly, you seem to really understand the complexities of Medicare and appear to be very passionate about helping people.

Unfortunately there are a significant number of issues with your website (and individual web pages) that go far beyond explaining on this thread. If at all possible, I'd suggest trying to find a professional SEO person/agency that also has experience with website design, that can assist you and also audit your Google Business Profile. Additionally, it will be very difficult to compete effectively on the Local Pack in your industry/vertical with an SAB profile. I realize that you have tried to change your GBP, but Google's guidelines are probably going to prevent you from being anything other than an SAB (just like your recent call with Google) without some changes to how you operate your business. In an earlier post you made, @Tony Wang gave a very good explanation of the GBP challenges facing a home based business like yours: Lost Health Insurance Business Profile on Google Maps and Local Searches. Need Help! | Help & Support for Google Local

Thank you for your advice.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom