More threads by johnlavapie_SEO

Solutions
Reaction score
Got a 1-star review but it's not intended for our company. We don't have an employee named Alicia & we don't sell products. I chatted with their chat support BUT basically telling me to flag it as inappropriate. But it is hard for me to believe they will take it seriously when the form did not even give me a chance to explain why I believe this review should be removed.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi, the only way to remove a bad review is to flag it inappropriate or contact the person to remove it down. Most of the time people review a business with a fake name (especially if they are current employees).

I agree that the only thing you can really do is flag the review. I would also politely respond to the review that it may be a mistake, that you do not sell the product, and do not have an employee by that name. That way anyone reading the review will see the response.

I agree that the only thing you can really do is flag the review. I would also politely respond to the review that it may be a mistake, that you do not sell the product, and do not have an employee by that name. That way anyone reading the review will see the response.
Without seeing the review, if you believe it is for the wrong company advise the reviewer that you believe it is incorrect, *however* if they are sure it is your company and are still unsatisfied advise them you will offer them a 100% refund if they contact your office and provide details of purchase/service date/etc. That helps diminish impact and let's public know you are responsive.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom