More threads by Jaimie S

Jaimie S

Reaction score
Hi There,

We are seeing accounts have the ability to have reviews totally removed from their listing and getting the following notifications from Google.
The client went from 3rd position to 9th once this happened pretty much immediately.

Is anyone else seeing this and have you had any success with the appeals?

image001 (1).jpg

When we appealed - the response was

Fake engagement appeal.JPG

I have never seen Google alert a business about this before.

What was the business doing to gain reviews?

I have never seen Google alert a business about this before.

What was the business doing to gain reviews?

We have so far about 7 different accounts. Most are not doing anything (no review software or incentives) and have a low number of reviews.

This particular business is only a few months old and has just been asking customers for reviews verbally.

I'm [maybe not very] sorry to say this, but this sort of arbitrary high-handed behavior from Google is becoming increasingly common.

What country are the businesses in?

All in the UK at the moment. And I was mistaken - these are under the same Agency ID not on our other individual user access. That would the thing in common. May other businesses under the same agency haven't had any issues as yet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom