More threads by Annika Neudecker

Reaction score
I manage a GBP account with over a thousand listings, most of which share the same name. Over the past few months I've noticed that searching my account by store code has become less and less reliable, to the point it now doesn't seem to work at all. We use three and four character numerical codes to distinguish between locations and enter each into the Store Code field in GBP. Finding a store using these codes has never been a problem before but now it's entirely borked.

For example, we have a store with the code 5882. If I search for that number, I get no results.
1680620118498.png

However, if I search for the address of the store, it pops right up - and shows the store code next to it!
1680620214475.png

This is becoming incredibly frustrating. Since we have so many stores with the same brand name, I rely on store codes to quickly find the one I need. Not being able to search using it makes managing the listings directly nearly impossible. I'm curious if anyone else is running into this issue or has found a workaround. I know they're trying their best to push everyone to manage via the SERP, but you absolutely cannot manage an enterprise account without a reliable store code search.

I just tried searching and had no issues. I slowly typed out the store code and searched for the store by pasting it in and hitting search. Both times it worked for me. I typically search based on the city as I can't keep track of the store codes for the different brands.

Businesses (6).jpg

I just tried searching and had no issues. I slowly typed out the store code and searched for the store by pasting it in and hitting search. Both times it worked for me. I typically search based on the city as I can't keep track of the store codes for the different brands.

Businesses (6).jpg

Very weird! I tried again, and again had the same issue. Are there any settings you know of which could impact how search in your account works? I'm hesitant to reach out to Google because I know how unreliable their support can be.
1680621647753.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom