More threads by Siva

Siva

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Happy Holidays.

I just got a client who owns a Curtain store in Chennai. I am they are already ranking in top 5 for the keywords like Curtain Store in Chennai, Curtain Shop in Chennai etc

I linked to all the services from the home page, but most of the time the inner pages/services are not ranking in

What are the top factors that I need to look to rank their service pages. (Inner pages don't have backlinks at the moment)

Thanks
Siva

I find links will help but really only if you're already ranking somewhere. If the pages aren't in the top 20 yet, I'd focus on adding more content to them first before building links.

As far as what content to add, I would always suggest something unique that isn't word vomit such as pricing info, example case studies from actual customers, and testimonials. Photos of their work would also be great in this industry.

I'd also look at the top ranking sites to see what topics and content they have on the pages that rank for your target keywords.

I find links will help but really only if you're already ranking somewhere. If the pages aren't in the top 20 yet, I'd focus on adding more content to them first before building links.

As far as what content to add, I would always suggest something unique that isn't word vomit such as pricing info, example case studies from actual customers, and testimonials. Photos of their work would also be great in this industry.

I'd also look at the top ranking sites to see what topics and content they have on the pages that rank for your target keywords.

Hi Joy Hawkins,

Thank a ton and will implement the same on the site.

Regards
Siva

No disrespect intended: There's no search volume for Curtain Shop in Chennai. Ranking and selling are two different things. Sometimes we get focused on long tails, etc. just so we can see some sort of progress. But investing our time in vectors which have no real potential to excite sales is actually very problematic vis-a-vis real progress because we are pouring the gas outside the car basically if that makes sense.

How do people buy curtains in Chennai? This is #1 thing I would need to know. How much and how. How many "people who buy curtains" originated their point of purchase on Google? Is this a realistic vector for sales growth?

Measure thrice, act once. Much love. ♥

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom