More threads by LocalSEOLondon

Reaction score
I have got three GMBs (non essential businesses) I have basically got to re build and optimise over the next week or so....alas not the greatest time for this

Currently I CAN edit 1. service areas 2. products 3. services 4.,pictures and 5.posts

Currently I CANNOT edit ("under review" for over 24 hours) 1. business name and 2. business categories.

I have not tried business description.

What is everyone else finding? ..Any clever workarounds

ps .I do like the general positive direction of movement in these difficult times and see things def improving and I am def not having a moan!

pps super forum had a browse

May I ask why you are editing the business name? Google has completely locked down edits in GMB, names, categories, phone numbers, URL’s. I am hearing conflicting data about photos. It appears that photos upload via desktop are having issues where as photos uploaded via API and mobile are working. You can edit your descriptions and posts are not having any issues at the present moment.

I think I explained or perhaps I did not ..I have clients queued for GMB work in several countries .......and yes I do know re their being a restricted service due to CV honest guv! ...BUT as we all know the restrictions are not consistent across the GMB profille and I suspect some are not across the world either. I can also show clients screenshots of the back end of their GMB ...so they can see the revisions have been done and how they might look. It calms them in these worying times

Now is it not the time to work on GMB listings. Users can’t create and verify new listings. All of the above edits I mentioned are going into an endless queue. Please show your clients Google’s official statement.

I know BUT .these are existing clients or ones I have just taken on. They already have GMBs and I am tweaking ...plus adding lots of content to their GMBs ..its actually fine for most parts of their GMB its just the top level parts which are locked for updates .......but I get your point

If they are existing, why are you editing the business name? The business name needs to reflect their real-world name and signage. If you make too many edits, it will cause the listing to get suspended by Google under normal circumstances or require the listing to need to be reverified.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom