More threads by Siva

Siva

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I work with a vascular surgeon and their primary category in GBP is "Vascular surgeon" and keyword I would like to rank in "vein clinic"

Need your advise on do I need to add the keyword or the primary category in the H1.

Also somewhere I read that adding primary category in H1 can create relevance. What's your take on it?

Thanks in advance
Siva

You want to put the keyword you're targeting, not the category name Google uses (unless you are also targeting "Vascular surgeon", that is!). If the GBP is called "So and So Vein Clinic" already, then your GBP name is going to have more weight than whatever's on the linked page anyway.

Do, however, make sure that the keyword "vein clinic" is associated with that vertical by google, because if it were (this is a purely theoretical example) say, associated with the "Phlebotomist" category, then you'd be wasting your time with the wrong main category.

You want to put the keyword you're targeting, not the category name Google uses (unless you are also targeting "Vascular surgeon", that is!). If the GBP is called "So and So Vein Clinic" already, then your GBP name is going to have more weight than whatever's on the linked page anyway.

Do, however, make sure that the keyword "vein clinic" is associated with that vertical by google, because if it were (this is a purely theoretical example) say, associated with the "Phlebotomist" category, then you'd be wasting your time with the wrong main category.

Got thanks. Thanks a lot JS Girard for your help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom