More threads by Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

A client of mine who installs solar systems has reached out concerning fake reviews being posted on their Yelp and EnergySage profiles. Here are the details:

• Since 8/1, someone has been posting negative reviews on their Yelp and EnergySage profiles every other day.
  • EnergySage noticed the individual is creating accounts with different emails to post these reviews. They have successfully identified and removed the fake ones so far.
  • Yelp, however, has been less cooperative. The only somewhat effective measure has been repeatedly reporting the reviews. So far, they’ve managed to get one review completely removed and a few others moved to the "not recommended" section. Currently, there’s one fake review live, four under "not recommended," and one removed. All the associated profiles are newly created. Ultimately, they'd like them all removed.
  • My client suspects this might be the work of a former employee or a competitor, though they are not certain.
Is there a better approach to handling this situation beyond continuously reporting the reviews?
Thanks

I have this noted but I am not 100% sure of it still works.

You can report a review that violates Yelp’s guidelines by emailing report@yelp.com. OR 877-767-9357

A lot of the Yelp reviews from new accounts will likely get moved to not-recommended sooner or later. It's not quick, nor certain, but unless there's a clear policy violation, it might be the best you can hope for.

I forgot to thank you both last week! But a combined approach of email and calling did end up doing the trick. All their fake reviews are now deleted and it appears no more are being left. Thank you both so much!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom