Recent content by Conor Treacy

  1. Conor Treacy

    Suspended Profile, Physical Building Address, no paperwork points to it

    Thanks @ElizabethRule for the reply. The person has had their account online for 2 years I guess, and lots of indexing including the BBB and other locations. I have them currently trying to shift the LLC to the office so we have better info on hand. With regards to the appeal, can I issue...
  2. Conor Treacy

    Suspended Profile, Physical Building Address, no paperwork points to it

    This one is interesting to me. Someone contacted us because their GBP listing was suspended. They filed an appeal and submitted their info, etc., and it was denied. They received a Case ID, then contacted us for help. The Case ID is now closed/denied. Ready for the fun? How do I resolve this...
  3. Conor Treacy

    Please explain! Why did google skipped our verifcation.

    We've seen profiles get suspended for verification at any random interval - currently working with someone who has been online for 3 years, no issues, no changes, then out of the blue they're suspended. They resubmitted their info, etc.; auto-declined. Now they have a case open (which in 7 days...
  4. Conor Treacy

    Please explain! Why did google skipped our verifcation.

    We've had that happen a few times, but mostly in the past. I think the last time that happened was probably 2+ years ago. The only thing I could chalk it up to was that the website was established; it had directory links, and the addresses all matched. Then, we created the GBP via our MCC or...
  5. Conor Treacy

    Rankings Software

    We used to use BrightLocal, and we also used to use Ahrefs to track keywords for select cities. BrightLocal, we would, of course, use the grid, and we may have several searches from different cities, but it's not scalable to 100s at that stage. If you do a grid of 7x7, then that's 49 points of...
  6. Conor Treacy

    Review Responses Not Showing In GBP Dashboard.

    Yep, seeing the same with some of our clients.. 100's of replies are "missing/hidden". We'll wait to see the updates as it rolls out.
  7. Conor Treacy

    ChatGPT ads spotted

    I was also able to trigger it over the weekend from my paid version (Plus) when I loaded the "temporary chat". Today, it doesn't trigger - or at least it hasn't yet this morning anyway.
  8. Conor Treacy

    How To Small UX Tweak That Led to an Instant Traffic Lift

    100% agree with the TL;DR and TOC on posts. I've been pushing this for years and seeing the rewards. There's an old thread here that the TOC was actually leading to sitelinks in search results too.
  9. Conor Treacy

    FTC and Minnesota AG sue Yosef Bernath, the operator of a lead-generation network.

    We need more of this! I seem to recall a few years ago that there was a massive campaign against reviewers, and the FTC was going after people posting fake reviews. I can't remember the details on that, but there was something from just the reviewer end of things.
  10. Conor Treacy

    Google Maps routing users to wrong suite in multi-tenant plaza

    Yeah, the address is on the GBP and includes the suite number. The links from their websites all have the suite number too - but for whatever reason, when you click for directions, it seems to just drop the suite and link to the building itself :( I did find something earlier today, that the...
  11. Conor Treacy

    Found the Firm I work with on a "Listicle"

    Nofollow is perfectly fine. As much as people say "always get dofollow" you don't want it all to be lobsided. nofollow still has value. Glad to hear that you made progress and they made the changes. Big win for you!
  12. Conor Treacy

    Google Maps routing users to wrong suite in multi-tenant plaza

    Curious if anyone has run into this specific GBP/maps issue with multi-tenant plaza buildings. Client is a brick-and-mortar jewelry repair/store located in a retail plaza with ~15 businesses sharing the same street address, differentiated only by suite numbers. Example: Business A = 123 Main...
  13. Conor Treacy

    Is Backlinks Still major ranking secret in 2026?

    I wouldn't think "secret" when I think of backlinks; however, when I think of "internal links," it's almost like that is a secret, as it seems nobody knows they should do it - and that's a big deal.
  14. Conor Treacy

    Does moving hosting affect local rankings?

    As @fisicx mentioned, check the infrastructure. I can tell you without a doubt that moving a client from GoDaddy to SiteGround makes a huge impact in performance and speed and that just doing the move has affected organic rankings. I haven't seen it affect local rankings as such. The...
  15. Conor Treacy

    Found the Firm I work with on a "Listicle"

    Use their contact form to make contact, and failing that, call them and ask for a contact email address so you can chat with someone. Depending how messy things are, you'll want to make sure the conversation is via email so you have documented proof. We've had our info listed with competitors...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER
Back
Top Bottom