Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Great points all Joy! Thanks for sharing here and at the Pro Community.

mborgelt

Reaction score
Great post and delineation, Joy! I get 2-3 of these questions every time we get a new client. The suite number trips so many people up and #2 is almost always brought up by our clients in legal. I am adding this to the "client questions" log I have. Thanks for sharing!

HRobinson

Reaction score
Joy,

I enjoyed this and happened to see it on Moz when it came out.

I have a question regarding the Suite #s.
Myth #1: If your citations don?t include your suite number, you should stop everything you're doing and fix this ASAP.

I have a listing that has the same address for separate businesses in the same building. There is a front entrance to the main store and a side entrance for the outlet store.

They have different hours but not individual websites.

The business never had a suite or anything like that to delineate one from the other.

Of course, I was getting the outlet store deleted several times as a duplicate.

I then added one as a suite a and the other as suite b. I also sent pictures of the entrance of each and finally got them with individual listings on Google My Business again after working with support and told this would be a long-term solution.

A month later one was again dropped as a duplicate.

So if suites don't do the trick what does? Thank you.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
HRobinson,

Are they getting marked as a duplicate by a maps user or is Google automatically doing it? I would say that this would be likely to happen if they share categories. Also, if they do share the same website, do you have very specific location pages for both that you link each GMB listing to? The pages should list their different hours and phone numbers.

If you want to provide the name, address, phone # and website of the business, I might be able to offer more advice.

Adding a suite number probably won't help long term at all due to what I mentioned in the article about GMB ignoring them the majority of the time.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JoyHawkins Common Local SEO Myths Local Search 22
Linda Buquet Common Myths About Google Places by Mary Bowling Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C GMB listings with common name "splits" authority? Multi-Location Issues 1
djbaxter The search could not be completed because the keywords were too short, too long, or too common. How To Guides 3
nathangdavidson Local Teaser SERP feature more common for mobile searches? Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Common GMB Problem - Driving Directions Wrong After Move - Here's the Solution Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Dustybones Tuesday Tip Video Clip: 3 Common Mistakes in Enterprise Local Search Local Search 2
Linda Buquet 10 Common Mistakes To Avoid On Local Websites by Greg Gifford Local Search 0
C Ranking multi-location franchise with common corporate website Multi-Location Issues 9
Cleaner44 Ranking multi-location franchise with common corporate website Multi-Location Issues 9
M Common Objections Consultants Hear? Consultant's Corner 2
djbaxter Common Web Vulnerabilities Plague Top WordPress Plug-Ins Websites, Software, and Security 0
djbaxter SEO myth-busting: What is NOT a Google search ranking factor Organic SEO 3
aalmarusy Myth Google Geotags Recycle Bin 0
JoyHawkins Local SEO Myths That Won't Die Local Search 4
Linda Buquet The Myth of Google's 200 Ranking Factors - Moz Organic SEO 0
frederickwebpro Over optimization penalty, myth or proven? Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Myth Busting - More BAD Local SEO Advice Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Local Search Myths, Half Truths & Misconceptions Local Search 4
Linda Buquet 10 Local Marketing Myths That Can Hamstring Your Business Local Search 1
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
H Regarding Posting on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 5
H Regarding Geotagging Post's Image Google My Business & Google Maps 9
CoRichardson Question & Concern Regarding Article About Stay Verified Emails Help & Support for Google Local 9
S Regarding New Registration in the forum Contact Us Messages 1
A i would like to speak to you regarding google my business listings and future seo management for my company Contact Us Messages 3
S Request for Information regarding Traffic Flow from google maps Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling Regarding LocalU in Santa Monica next week: Where are some good alternate hotels? Local Search 0
M What To Do Regarding An Office With Multiple Realtors?? Local Search 9
B Question regarding NAP & phone number protocal Local Search 4
Jonathan Hatton Schema Question regarding locations Local Search 1
E Sitewide Link Question Regarding "Recent Posts" Widgit Help & Support for Google Local 4
L Quick Question Regarding Business Page Display Local Search 7
Nick.SEOSpark Questions regarding "Proximity of Address to Centroid" Factor Local Search 12