More threads by sixthcitysarah

Reaction score
Hi all,

I noticed that a competitor of ours somehow took over a GBP of a different business (aka, all of their 125 reviews, too). They changed all the other business info to be their own. Despite multiple redressal form submissions and edits on maps, nothing has worked. I have contacted the business it belongs to but I am not sure if they have taken further action.

Is there anything else I can do about this? Thanks!

Hi all,

I noticed that a competitor of ours somehow took over a GBP of a different business (aka, all of their 125 reviews, too). They changed all the other business info to be their own. Despite multiple redressal form submissions and edits on maps, nothing has worked. I have contacted the business it belongs to but I am not sure if they have taken further action.

They did not "somehow" take over a GBP of another business. They have been the legal owner of that GBP all this while. Now, they just renamed the business from Business A to Business B. A perfectly legitimate endevour.

They did not "somehow" take over a GBP of another business. They have been the legal owner of that GBP all this while. Now, they just renamed the business from Business A to Business B. A perfectly legitimate endevour.

The listing was originally for a computer repair shop, all the photos and reviews are correlated to that business. The new business name and website link are for a marketing agency.

The listing was originally for a computer repair shop, all the photos and reviews are correlated to that business. The new business name and website link are for a marketing agency.

Unfortunately, this means nothing. A single Gmail can be a legitimate owner of multiple GBP's belonging to multiple businesses in multiple industries. As the legitimate owner, they can rename or rebrand that GBP into anything they like.

I'm inclined to believe that the Gmail used to verify / claim the GBP of the computer repair shop is owned by the marketing agency. This logically explains how the rebranding took place so smoothly.

There's nothing you can do about this unless you can prove that the marketing agency are professional hackers...

Hi all,

Post in the forum and send me the link.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom