Suleyman Okan

Reaction score
I ran into this SERP manipulation system today. Has anyone seen anything like this?

The 4 results below the first one all have some common characteristics:
  • They use random sounding domain names & extensions.
  • They all redirect to a .com domain named myaahc.
  • Not only that, but they actually redirect to 2 URLs, top 2 to one, bottom 2 to another.
  • All articles on this site are borderline nonsensical and read as if they are machine written.

So disappointing.

localspam.jpg

localspam.jpg

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
I'm seeing these pop up as well (I live in Pittsburgh).

ductless ac pittsburgh pa.jpg

I think I understand why these are showing up in the SERPs...

The status code that's being returned is a 307 status code, which means "Temporary Redirect" - See an explanation from Yoast here.

Whoever did this is pretty smart... in the spammy sort of way :p They have found a way to trick Google into thinking those URLs will come back at some point in the near future, while still redirecting to their page that's cluttered with ads.

This is a horrible user experience, and should be reported to the Webspam team. It falls under the category of "sneaky redirects" so that's how it should be reported.

Pretty simple trick if you know how to write a redirect in your .htaccess file.

ductless ac pittsburgh pa.jpg

Suleyman Okan

Reaction score
Thanks Eric, I was wondering how they managed to get all 4 to the SERP. So even with an 307 you get listed by the content on the end of the redirect. Well, I submitted the report.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Which service-area business types perform best in local search? Service Area Businesses 0
G How do clients search for services (what do they usually type in google to find you) Consultant's Corner 1
M Where does this type of SPAM come from? Spam on Google 7
hajnasiewicz What is this type of knowledge panel called Local Search 5
sixthcitysarah New GMB post type - COVID-19 Support? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M COVID-19 GMB Post Type Local Search 4
B Grid-type tools for service-area biz with hidden address? Local SEO Tools & Software 4
djbaxter Fake Product Review Sites: New Type of Spam Exploit in Google Spam on Google 0
Cordell Crowley Getting two side-by-side businesses of the same type to show up on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter What Type of Content Is Most Effective for Attracting Website Traffic? Organic SEO 0
Nikos Appointment URLs in more business types Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Garrett Sussman 5 Types of Online Reviewers and What They Care About Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman 5 Types of Phrases in Online Reviews that Create Customer Distrust Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman 13 Types of Content to Include On Your Online Review Management and Marketing Service Local Reviews 7
Linda Buquet Google Will Soon Show Type of Business (Category) Right in Map View Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Priya Chandra Are there more than 3 types of local SEO services? Local Search 2
JoyHawkins DRAFT - 2 Types of 3-Packs Weight Ranking Factors Differently Post Drafts (Private) 1
Linda Buquet Tried this for Local Links and Citations? Brilliant for the Right Type of Client Local Search 4
L Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
Linda Buquet Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
R Wrong type of local page?? Can't leave reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
shondarogers What type of page should i create for HOA/Neighborhood Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J You Are Not An Eligible Business Type For Google Maps Service Area Businesses 4
Jo Shaer You Are Not An Eligible Business Type For Google Maps Service Area Businesses 4
Margaret Ornsby Unsupported Page Type? Locked Out of Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
KungFuBacklinks Old G+ Business Page (Local Type) and Proper Verified G+ Local Listing Help & Support for Google Local 3
eestrada234 New Type of Google Local Rich Snippet?? Video Thumbnail? Local Search 14
Linda Buquet No Verifcation Check Mark? New Type of Page OR??? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Travis Van Slooten Can This Type of Business Merge Their Google+ Biz Page with G+ Local Page? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Interesting...Typing In Dentist + City in Local Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Confused re the Different Types of Google+ Local Pages? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
sergiuliano TOP Citation Source Website Types Citations 2
Jamie Steigerwald Schema.org LocalBusiness vs specific type Local Search 0
Matt Chauhan Knowledge Panel Not Appearing for Brand Name Search Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter Webinar Get together with Google Search at Search Central Live - February 23, 2021 Events 0
djbaxter Passage based rankings, core web vitals, responsive search ads: A rant Google Algorithm Discussions 0
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
djbaxter Microsoft Bing: 15% Of Searches Are Misspelled So Speller100 To The Rescue Organic SEO 1
Lluc Google launches Years in Business in Search Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Enhanced Search added. Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
B GMB listing missing from search, dashboard and GSC. Yikes!!! Help & Support for Google Local 3
Elmer .S What is the most accurate search strings to use when doing manual citation audit? Citations 3
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
N Dedicated local search Local Search 12
sixthcitysarah Specific location search shows results for other franchise location Multi-Location Issues 6
djbaxter Webinar The State of Local Search 2021 [Webinar + Q&A] Events 0
Dino Closed business showing in branded search Multi-Location Issues 1
SpectateSwamp How about discussing local search... Like the Spectate one; everything a 50+ years of programming Geezer wants Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
djbaxter Google services down Dec 14, 2020: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Console, more Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
A How to change GMB ticket field in search results knowledge panel NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4