More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a pedicatrician that has a clinic. He is a single practitioner, and has two GMB's (one for the practitioner, one for the clinic that is <clinic name>- <Single practitioner name>.

When you search for "pediatrician" in his area, his practitioner listing ranks #1, but, of course, the client thinks this is horrible because he wants the clinic to show up #1, not his own listing.

My thinking was to merge the two listings (which I think is risky), and hope that the combined listing ranks well.

Would this work? Is there risk here?

Merging them would be a good idea if he really doesn't want his practitioner listing to rank. Honestly though, I have seen amazing results from practitioner listings because you can target different categories on them and increase your exposure that way.

Thanks Joy - I totally agree. The two profiles are an asset. It is a bit weird though - his practioner profiles shows up only for "pediatrician", and other search, even "pediatrician + GEO" shows the practice.

I checked to see if Google was maybe biasing "pediatrician" to individual docs, but, couldn't find any proof of that (in other geos, I got practices and practitioners).

I have a lawyer right now where one of the practitioner listings ranks really well for medical malpractice queries. He happens to be one of the attorneys that takes those types of cases so I think in these cases Google is really relying on external signals like links and mentions to know who is associated with what category. I've also found that Google really does like to highlight individuals.

Aha!

If you look at the practitioner, he has reviews from Health Grades, Vitals, etc. . . and that must be associated with the profile, and hence, why Google likes it so much.

Aha!

If you look at the practitioner, he has reviews from Health Grades, Vitals, etc. . . and that must be associated with the profile, and hence, why Google likes it so much.

Hi HoosierBuff. Can you confirm / deny there are hrefs to the practioner's GMB from these sources?

I cannot find any links to GMB from there. They don't have the NPPES number in the profile either.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom