More threads by Brian - TGL

Brian - TGL

Reaction score
I have never seen a definitive confirmation email about a review being removed before. Is this new, or just new for me?

2024-08-08_08-10-14.jpg

I've never received a notice for review removal. I'll see them for GBP edits where we edit the name of another person's business, but I've never seen a review confirmation like this.

Just to clarify, you reported it as a fake review from your business profile right? It wasn't someone else who removed it, or Google removing it on their own, and you just received a notice.

We receive these email notifications all the time, both from if we report the review and if Google just removes the review automatically.

Solution
For the last six months or so, reviews have been consistently removed for my clients (both flagged/reported or NOT flagged/reported), and I'm getting similar notifications as well. In all cases, the reviews are a clear violation, either left by former employees venting about their experience working for the company or something that would fall under bullying/harassment, like derogatory comments (insults, name-calling, etc).

We rarely receive notifications from Google like that. We decided to write our own custom code to report on review removals instead.

Although I just took a look at the GBP from a non-manager/owner account and that review is still publicly visible.

I just re-flagged it.

2024-08-08_11-04-04.jpg

Although I just took a look at the GBP from a non-manager/owner account and that review is still publicly visible.

I just re-flagged it.
It's been well-documented by now that reviews are not actually removed; they are merely hidden, and all the user has to do to make they show up again is to make a minute change.

It's been well-documented by now that reviews are not actually removed; they are merely hidden, and all the user has to do to make they show up again is to make a minute change.

Yup, I have had that happen in the past, but there were never confirmation emails like the one above, I thought maybe Google was making some sensible changes.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom