More threads by Alamdar04

Alamdar04

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently doing SEO for a local chiropractic clinic and seeing some strange fluctuations with the local map pack rankings. I am using Semrush's 'Map Rank Tracker' and attached is the screenshot of the past few days of rankings. It has been going on for about a month now, and our average rank fluctuates between 5-15. Our average rank before this started used to be around 7-8 and the client was getting good business.

I was working on the client's organic rankings for the past couple of months until they reported a huge drop in new customers coming from Google. While investigating, I switched from weekly scans to daily scans on the rank tracker and noticed this fluctuation. One day we are at 6 and the next day we are 12-13 and vice versa. I even tried taking two scans in a day (morning and evening) and both of them were very different than each other.

Not only us but almost all the competitors in our area, I see, are facing the same thing. Some are fluctuating between 3-10, some 4-13, etc.

Not sure if this is a bug or something on our part. I made no changes to the GMB in any way. And since this is happening with all our competitors too, I don't think this is due to any changes whatsoever. It has been very bad for both my client and me. He is losing business and I am losing his trust. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

map rank fluctuations.jpg

map rank fluctuations 2.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom