More threads by Larry Linson

Reaction score
I am analyzing competition for a client and the SERP result just above my client is very strange. The web page for the competitor has a section in the middle with an accordion-type control with three questions being answered - like an FAQ. For some reason this very same accordion control appears right below the Google SERP result for this competitor. And there is a carat there that if clicked will present the answer to the question, talking up a huge chunk of the real estate on the SERP page - just like what would happen on the competitor's webpage. I have never seen a webpage accordion element transfer to the Google SERP results. Has anyone seen this?

Can you share a screenshot of what you're referring to?

Can you share a screenshot of what you're referring to?

Listing for Dallas Disability Denial Attorney

ScreenCapture.jpg

I am analyzing competition for a client and the SERP result just above my client is very strange. The web page for the competitor has a section in the middle with an accordion-type control with three questions being answered - like an FAQ. For some reason this very same accordion control appears right below the Google SERP result for this competitor. And there is a carat there that if clicked will present the answer to the question, talking up a huge chunk of the real estate on the SERP page - just like what would happen on the competitor's webpage. I have never seen a webpage accordion element transfer to the Google SERP results. Has anyone seen this?

Does anyone know if a site can get any advantage on SERP if this markup is implemented on it?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom