Reaction score
Clarifying for everyone, the only service affected is the business listing manager – http://mybusinesslistingmanager.com. We are conducting an upgrade to this system and determined it best to freeze new inputs during the transition. The new site will be back online on 6/10. Should you have any questions we will try to monitor this thread.

Thank you for your patience and patronage to this offering…

Acxiom.

AndyWPP

Reaction score
No but I will, thanks for the advice and if I find anything ill post, if you can do the same.

Have a great day Colan, and thanks again.

russofford

Reaction score
Since my Acxiom account has over 5 listings, I am required to pay $50 for each claimed listing after that initial 5.

Begin Rant:

My biggest frustration in the last several months is that Acxiom's MBLM / MyBusinessListingManager payment system hardly ever works.

At first when I wrote support, they told me to clear my cache and cookies, but that was not the issue, as I also tried the same thing in 3 or 4 different browsers.

They eventually told me it wasn't their problem that I couldn't pay, cuz... 'it works for them'.

Upon my insisting their system was broken, they told me they they are experiencing issues and they are working on it.

I have experienced payment issues at least 3 times in as many months. A week ago support replied saying they are working on it... I tried to pay again today... still not working.

Besides that... I HATE HATE HATE that I am forced to hand-type in the phone numbers (as copy/paste doesn't work because of forced text-formatting)... and when I have to hand-type in credit card numbers and such, 5 or 10 times in a row to re-try payment... well... that just sucks!

Why can't they just use a proven payment gateway like the rest of the internet does?!?

End Rant

Russ

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Oh man, I know what you mean about having to type in the phone number. I was just shaking my fist at the screen about that yesterday! So annoying. Usability fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Oh man, I know what you mean about having to type in the phone number. I was just shaking my fist at the screen about that yesterday! So annoying. Usability fail.

You said it. I hate MBLM. I'm pretty sure it would give Jakob Nielsen a coronary.

Quick, semi-related tip: when they ask you to upload your business documents, it's OK just to take a picture on your phone and upload that (assuming the words are legible, of course).

russofford

Reaction score
Phil,

In my experience, it doesn't seem to matter 'exactly' what type of document. It can be different than what they ask for on their website... it probably just needs to be something somewhat official that can't be easily 'faked'.

I have uploaded scanned documents and such before and it worked. I think you can even send a JPG or GIF version... so I would assume that if a scan works, a photo should, too.

I think that if the photo is clear enough... and you crop out the table, there shouldn't be a difference.

Russ

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Those are some great tips Phil and Russ. I hadn't thought of either of them before. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Phil,

In my experience, it doesn't seem to matter 'exactly' what type of document. It can be different than what they ask for on their website... it probably just needs to be something somewhat official that can't be easily 'faked'.

I have uploaded scanned documents and such before and it worked. I think you can even send a JPG or GIF version... so I would assume that if a scan works, a photo should, too.

I think that if the photo is clear enough... and you crop out the table, there shouldn't be a difference.

Russ

Thanks, Russ. I know; that's what I was getting at. Only recently did I find that Acxiom is more flexible about the docs than their instructions suggest.

russofford

Reaction score
Just experimenting here... but i removed the sub-domain and it seems this URL is accessible, https://myacxiom.com/ ... however, my username/password doesn't work... and if I try to reset the password, it doesn't recognize my username. ;S

I'll try reaching out to Acxiom support to see what they have to say.

Russ