More threads by JamesGreenaway

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Our client is a reputable Hyundai car dealership in the UK.
Over the last few years its built up its Google Reviews . Last week for no reason ALL the reviews (over 200 disappeared)
We've raised a support ticket with GBP Support and are getting nowhere, we get the same response each time.

"We understand your concern regarding the reviews that are not reflecting on your business profile. We deeply regret what has happened to you. We looked through every source we could think of to see if I could locate the reviews you said were missing, but I was sadly unable to find any reviews. Let me describe the review system's operation to you. Every time a customer leaves a review, the algorithm used to secure your business content and uphold your customers' trustworthiness checks it out first.
Sometimes, the legitimate reviews might also be removed by the algorithms. I am being honest here, we would not be able to reinstate such reviews. Please go through our review policies. We suggest you ask the reviewers to go through the review content policies and repost them. Also, we suggest you advise the customers not to post the reviews multiple times. "

The frustrating thing is all the reviews are still live in Google, they are just not appearing against the GBP profile . Here are just some examples

Google review of Guildford Hyundai by Joe Darbon

Google review of Guildford Hyundai by Alan Cooper

Google review of Guildford Hyundai by Hilal F. Yildirim

Google review of Guildford Hyundai by Richard Burrell

Google review of Guildford Hyundai by Guy Whittaker

Google review of Guildford Hyundai by Tinika Ascoli

Google review of Guildford Hyundai by Ricky

Google review of Guildford Hyundai by John Jenner

Can anyone help us and our valuable client?

Best Regards,

Raphael

Out of those reviews, a lot are hitting the new filter that blocks first reviews. People who leave only one review in their career? Google doesn't accept that anymore. And yes google will sometime go back and filter older cases of such.

Out of those reviews, a lot are hitting the new filter that blocks first reviews. People who leave only one review in their career? Google doesn't accept that anymore. And yes google will sometime go back and filter older cases of such.

This is completely unrelated. The reviews are live in the profiles, yet missing from the business profile. This is a technical issue and not the review filter.

This is completely unrelated. The reviews are live in the profiles, yet missing from the business profile. This is a technical issue and not the review filter.
I'm confused because "review shows up when looking at the reviewer's profile but not on the GBP" is exactly the behavior I expect to see from that specific filter. Have I fundamentally misunderstood something from the articles published about it?

Obviously I can't comment on the cases that clearly are not that, but (say) the John Jenner one is exactly what I expect to see happening if the review hits that one filter. And it's the only review that user has ever left. AND it was left after the filter in question came into force.

I'm confused because "review shows up when looking at the reviewer's profile but not on the GBP" is exactly the behavior I expect to see from that specific filter. Have I fundamentally misunderstood something from the articles published about it?

Obviously I can't comment on the cases that clearly are not that, but (say) the John Jenner one is exactly what I expect to see happening if the review hits that one filter. And it's the only review that user has ever left. AND it was left after the filter in question came into force.

If Google was filtering out the reviews, we would be able to see the review on the reviewer’s profile. Only the reviewer can see the review and nobody else. This is an issue in Google’s end and absent of the review filter. The business profile shows zero reviews, I’ve never seen Google remove all of the reviews on a profile except for a glitch like this.

I'm a bit late but I just chimed in and will escalate the thread once I get those details :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom