More threads by Don Archer

Reaction score
Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back?

I have a business that's been gathering local reviews for 4 years. It's a business that provides towing services locally. And, the owner is the sole employee of the business. He posts on the Google Business Listing daily and is religious about asking for and responding to reviews. His website and his Google Business Listing always show up on the Local 3 pack on the first page of results for multiple search terms. Today, his google business listing is gone. I have opened a support ticket with Google and am waiting.

I was listed as an owner on his GBL and received no notification that there were any problems. He didn't either. I've attached a photo that shows where he was 4 years ago, and where he was before the listing was removed. And, today when we found that it was missing, we immediately changed our passwords. I have quite a few GBLs in my account and nothing else was bothered.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Westmont-Before-&-After.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Don, since you've already contacted support, wait to see what they say and then if you can let us know here we can help you figure out next steps if you don't get a resolution from support.

Colan, Thank you for your response. I have attempted to contact support, but only receive a canned response. Like they didn't even read the support ticket. I have responded to their email as they suggest but I still have not heard anything. My first support ticket was on the 18th. There are no phone numbers to call.

Can you post a thread on the GMB forum (Sign in - Google Accounts) and DM me the link to the thread? I'd be happy to send it to Google for you. Please include

1. Your business name & address
2. The link to your listing on Google Maps

Joy,
Thank you for the offer. But, yes I've already posted on their forum. Also, I was able to get on GMB support chat and was told to create a new listing with the same information. I've done so and am waiting on a postcard.

Google support refuses to tell me where my listing went or how it miraculously disappeared. They say it was something on our side, like we intentionally removed it. But, we would never do that. Our accounts weren't compromised, we use two-step verification.

On a bright note, support tells me that they'll help get the reviews back on the new listing. But, I'm concerned that the new listing might not rank as well as the old one,
Thank you

Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back?

I have a business that's been gathering local reviews for 4 years. It's a business that provides towing services locally. And, the owner is the sole employee of the business. He posts on the Google Business Listing daily and is religious about asking for and responding to reviews. His website and his Google Business Listing always show up on the Local 3 pack on the first page of results for multiple search terms. Today, his google business listing is gone. I have opened a support ticket with Google and am waiting.

I was listed as an owner on his GBL and received no notification that there were any problems. He didn't either. I've attached a photo that shows where he was 4 years ago, and where he was before the listing was removed. And, today when we found that it was missing, we immediately changed our passwords. I have quite a few GBLs in my account and nothing else was bothered.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Westmont-Before-&-After.jpg
Did you add any keywords in your listing name?

No, that's a rookie move. We didn't do anything against Google's guidelines. The listing was NOT suspended prior to Google removing it. We received no notifications alerting us to a potential removal or problems with the listing. Only two people were listed as users on the listing, one was the business owner, one was me. And, we did not remove the listing.

And, if you haven't had to deal with this yet, Google is not helpful at all. It's been more than a month since this has happened and all I can get from "support" is canned responses. We're now waiting on our second postcard. When the first postcard arrived, we put in the code and it said verified. I went back to the listing 5 minutes later and it said I needed to reverify. It's a merry-go-round nightmare with nobody caring that there's a business in Westmont, Illinois that's about to go under.

Thanks

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom