More threads by tarantino75

tarantino75

Reaction score
We noticed that an Amazon warehouse has our business phone number in their GBP listing. We don't think the listing has been claimed, so Google probably got this wrong info from somewhere, but the question is, how do we remove the number? Our client is getting a lot of calls looking for the Amazon warehouse.

amazon-with-wrong-number.jpg

I've used the "suggest an edit" feature and have had others suggest edits as well. Any ideas on how to fix this issue as quickly as possible?

We noticed that an Amazon warehouse has our business phone number in their GBP listing. We don't think the listing has been claimed, so Google probably got this wrong info from somewhere, but the question is, how do we remove the number? Our client is getting a lot of calls looking for the Amazon warehouse. 2022-08-24_14-56-02.png

I've used the "suggest an edit" feature and have had others suggest edits as well. Any ideas on how to fix this issue as quickly as possible?

It sounds like you're pretty much already on top of it. If you or anyone you know has a Google account that's registered as a Local Guide, that can give the edit a little more weight. Especially if they have a large history of prior edits and reviews. You could try submitting a ticket to Google support, but I'm not sure they'd change a different business's info for you. Though I suppose you could clearly demonstrate that the phone number listed is already on your GBP and website. Might be worth a shot. Worst they say is no.

Also, I'll dole out just a little secret sauce. Assuming the listing doesn't currently have a site URL, and you can find a webpage that directly correlates to that location (I'm unsure if amazon has individual webpages for its warehouse locations) you can suggest an edit to add the url. Google will then use that page to help validate your edit, increasing the chance your number edit will go through. So do the url edit individually, wait for it to go live, then go back and edit the number again.

I submitted an edit as well to remove it :)

If you have a Google Business Profile for the business that phone number actually belongs to, you can also contact GBP support.

Quick update on this in case it helps others...
I researched heavily, and there is no phone number for the warehouse or website Another location uses our number in their GBP - How do we fix it?, And we don't have a GBP listing with that number bc its a number used explicitly for TV/billboards.

I submitted this - Business Redressal Complaint Form - Google Business Profile Help - and had the client fill out this form - Report alleged copyright infringement - Legal Help.

Thank you to everyone who assisted me with this!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom