More threads by Scott ClientClicks

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm working on local SEO for a business association client that wants to promote community events.

I've used json-based markup in the past, but not for events. Here's a screenshot of an example of what I'm trying to achieve.

event rich-snippets.png

If you got this to work where the events show in the search results, I have a few questions.

Are you using a plugin that automates this?
If not, are you adding the schema manually for multiple events?

I found a plugin that works with the great Time.ly All in One Event Calendar; however, the plugin only adds the schema to the individual event pages and not to the main calendar page. So far, that's not helping generate those rich snippet results that I'd love to see.

event rich-snippets.png

Hi Scott

When the business offers an event I certainly mark this up. Normally there are not that many so I markup on page itself, but you can certainly add it to automatically generate via javascript and or fetched by ajax. Sorry have never used a plugin for this as I tend to steer clear of too many plugins.

Events in Knowledge Panel with JSON-LD Structured Data - Online Ownership

It also looks great in the Knowledge panel.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom