More threads by keyserholiday

Solution
Thanks for sharing this @keyserholiday!

So....it looks like Apple will be pushing Yelp reviews as their review platform of choice on the Apple "Place Card". As most SEOs know, Yelp flat out doesn't want businesses soliciting reviews: https://www.yelp-support.com/article/Don-t-Ask-for-Reviews?l=en_US

However, since reviews have a huge impact on user engagement, Yelp reviews will obviously have a significant role to play going forward on Apple's Maps/Search.

Would be interested to hear feedback on what other's strategy has been previously to get Yelp reviews that aren't filtered. Here's a good article from Sprout: How to get Yelp reviews & improve your online standing
Has anyone had luck with getting tracking parameters into URLs on any part of their listing? Action links, posts, main site links? I've tried adding them to the action links but haven't seen any hits yet and I'm not sure if it's because Apple isn't displaying the action links yet or because they're scraping them out.

Update: I've been in two back to back webinars today and got two different answers to this question! In the first webinar, hosted by a major local listings platform, they said that UTMs cannot be used and are stripped out of any data sent over via the API. In the second, hosted by BrightLocal, they said that UTMs can be added to Apple Maps but didn't specify whether that was only if you added them manually or if it's done via API. I can verify that manually adding them works. I added a set to one location and they are presently reflecting on the live listing.

Really curious which is true, or if it's both - you can add them manually but not upload them via API. Has anyone tested sending UTMs to Apple via an API connection?

I have a problem with that too. In addition, Apple put all my profiles under one company, so I'm looking for a way to separate and transfer them.
If you find such a way, please let me know
:)

I contacted support with this same issue. I asked them to delete a business but they suggested I create a new login all together. I started over with a new Apple Id. There are a lot of missing features.

I've already started using it. We'll see how it works and what statistics it will bring.

Has anyone found a way to move one location between companies?

I had this problem and support basically told me to start a new apple id account. I don't believe Apple Business Connect is designed to allow an agency to claim a listing. I think the best way to set up locations for an agency
1. create a business connect account for the client with an email using their domain.
2. Once created add your agency account as a admin user

Update: I've been in two back to back webinars today and got two different answers to this question! In the first webinar, hosted by a major local listings platform, they said that UTMs cannot be used and are stripped out of any data sent over via the API. In the second, hosted by BrightLocal, they said that UTMs can be added to Apple Maps but didn't specify whether that was only if you added them manually or if it's done via API. I can verify that manually adding them works. I added a set to one location and they are presently reflecting on the live listing.

Really curious which is true, or if it's both - you can add them manually but not upload them via API. Has anyone tested sending UTMs to Apple via an API connection?

I added utm to weblink the other week and just checked it is still there. Under the 'Info' tab --> website
Whether it is stripped out on the live site, no idea

I'm now having the same issue with not being able to set distinct cover photos for branches of the same business. Are there any Apple support communities or ways to contact support?

According to their docs, it seems like we should be able to set distinct cover photos and logos:
Locations are associated with a business. When you set up your first business, you can set specific information for all locations, such as the logo and cover photo (called a Place Card Header). When you add locations, you can use a different logo and cover photo for each location.

@Annika Neudecker Have you had any lucks with UTMs? I am looking closely at this now and I dont see ANY traffic being listed in Search Console. Also, I am noticing that any newer clients I have added to AM----it wont even allow UTM parameters to be added. I keep getting "invalid URL". Really sucks bc its hard to show clients the traffic theyre getting unless we just use Apple's Insights they provide.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom