More threads by dotgal

dotgal

Reaction score
Lately, I've been getting automatic suspensions for new GBPs after I've entered the Google postcard pin. The new GBPs are for clients who have existing GBPs and they've opened new locations. Have anyone been encountering this?

Lately, I've been getting automatic suspensions for new GBPs after I've entered the Google postcard pin. The new GBPs are for clients who have existing GBPs and they've opened new locations. Have anyone been encountering this?

Yes, Google is attempted to combat spam and abuse. You need to apply for reinstatment.

We've seen this recently too. It's maddening. If they are cracking down on spam, why not do that in the verification process instead of having the verification process go through and then immediately suspending the listing? (I know no one here actually speaks for Google, that's more a rhetorical question.)

It's Google's world and we are guests. I get that it's annoying. It's the spammer's fault for creating the mess. They don't even bother to hide it too. I just saw a thread in the past 24 hours, where somebody stated that several of their business profiles were spammy in nature. I am not going to get political here. One guy tries to blow up a plane with his shoe, and we all have to take off our shoes for security. GBP spam is much larger than this one incident. People and buying and selling fake business profiles on Facebook and private groups. Google has to crack down and they are being pressured by the government's anti-trust investigation, investors, and internal people.

It's Google's world and we are guests. I get that it's annoying. It's the spammer's fault for creating the mess. They don't even bother to hide it too. I just saw a thread in the past 24 hours, where somebody stated that several of their business profiles were spammy in nature. I am not going to get political here. One guy tries to blow up a plane with his shoe, and we all have to take off our shoes for security. GBP spam is much larger than this one incident. People and buying and selling fake business profiles on Facebook and private groups. Google has to crack down and they are being pressured by the government's anti-trust investigation, investors, and internal people.

Thank you for this insight.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom