More threads by Cuoreimpavido

Cuoreimpavido

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a new client, he just opened his garage door business, got all the licenses needed in his state, liability insurance and so on, he built a website, branded his van and got professional tools and replacement parts. But he's unable to start getting customers because Google Business Profile won't approve his listing. He tried to contact them with the reinstate form, and got this email response:

"We've looked at your account and it looks like your Business Profile is not eligible to display on Google per our quality guidelines. Review our guidelines for representing your business on Google to see what types of businesses are eligible to be on Google.
If you have any further questions please consult the Google Business Profile Help Center."

I tried to take a look at his unverified business profile and I can't find anything wrong, he set it to a service area, hide his address (because right now he's a single technician, his office is a room in his house), he mentioned the correct category, business hours, website address, a short and on-point description, and that's basically it.

When he submitted the reinstate form, he attached the LLC registration document as an evidence of existence.

What else can we do to help him fix this issue, or find the issue that cause Google to believe his business "is not eligible"?

Many thanks!

Solution
Do they have any other locations up that could be causing some confusion with Google?

You can try creating a post over at the Google business profile forum. You'll have to provide your case ID as well as all the evidence in order for someone to help.
Do they have any other locations up that could be causing some confusion with Google?

You can try creating a post over at the Google business profile forum. You'll have to provide your case ID as well as all the evidence in order for someone to help.

Solution

no other locations or business profiles. it's a brand new business and that's the only business profile they created for it.

I posted the exact same post here and in google's forums, I'll edit it and add the case ID, about evidence - what do you recommend to add to that post?

Many thanks!

1. Business license
  2. Utility bill
  3. BBB listing
  4. Photos or videos showing the branded truck at the location where you registered the business.

It's required in order to get help at the Google business profile forum. Whether or not you're comfortable posting it publicly is up to you.

Thanks!
Also, I assume that there are no utility bills under the company name because his office is in his house, so I assume that all this utilities are under his personal name. Is that going to be good enough?

Last edited:
Thanks!
Also, I assume that there are no utility bills under the company name because his office is in his house, so I assume that all this utilities are under his personal name. Is that going to be good enough?

utility bill is probably just to show that the address you used for the gbp is actually the businesses / his address.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom