More threads by ColoradoChris

Reaction score
Hello to all,

So I am curious for some advice PLEASE.

I appreciate your time and trouble greatly, so thank you in advance.

Question - 1 -

I just watched a video regarding onsite seo. This video explained to instead of using a services page to list each service, instead if possible make a page and menu item for the most popular search terms.

So my families business site is allspecialtybuildings.com

We do construction. I currently have it setup to have a services page then the listings of the services with its own page under the menu.

But from watching this video, would you also suggest that it would be best to take maybe the top 3 or 4 services, then list the services as actual page menus?

So say instead of this:

Service Menu Link -
-Pole Barns
-Indoor Riding Arenas
-Garages
-Horse Barns
-Loafing Sheds

Would it be best to have each service as a menu in itself like this:

Home
Pole Barns
-Pole Barn Construction
-Pole Barn Kits
-Pole Barn Color Charts

Indoor Riding Arenas
-Indoor Riding Arena Construction
-Indoor Riding Arena Kits
-Indoor Riding Arena Color Charts

Same- Different word
Same- Different Word

So basically create specific and relevant pages and remove the popular pages from a service page.

Not sure if this make sense, or is basically not needed?

Last Question - Branding-

I got 2 seo companies reviews back, and was told to change my branding and domain. See the issue is that the company name is All Specialty Buildings.

So All is basically thrown out of some search results, almost like its a stop word.

So "Specialty Buildings" shows up on many results. I would like to counter this.

So I am curious if I get a new domain, like say something like ColoradoBarnConstruction.com

Would this be a better domain for seo rankings and memory for people?

Or would I risk an EMD penalty?

When I look for dentists, or seo help, I get coloradodentist, or coloradoseo(dot)com's

So they all rank well, I just want something brandable and easy to remember. I figured the company name would be best, But these companies that want 3500 a month for seo services are saying different.

Again thank you for your time, your ideas, and your advice.

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris,

You don't need to change the domain. It's not that you would risk some type of EMD penalty, but there are other factors it affects and it is a bit of work that is just not necessary and would decrease local rankings at least for a bit. So good thing you asked here first.

One thing you should do is add the business name to the title tags. That should help.

As for the services site structure, I think the way it currently is works just fine and those pages shouldn't have trouble ranking with that kind of structure. There are some other pages and linking structures that could use improvements, and I would focus your time on improving title tags, updating and optimizing the content, and conversion optimization.

Hi Chris,

You don't need to change the domain. It's not that you would risk some type of EMD penalty, but there are other factors it affects and it is a bit of work that is just not necessary and would decrease local rankings at least for a bit. So good thing you asked here first.

One thing you should do is add the business name to the title tags. That should help.

As for the services site structure, I think the way it currently is works just fine and those pages shouldn't have trouble ranking with that kind of structure. There are some other pages and linking structures that could use improvements, and I would focus your time on improving title tags, updating and optimizing the content, and conversion optimization.

Thank you Broland

In terms of adding the business name of all specialty buildings, would you add it at the end of the title and make it fit the length limit or if it runs over so be it? So it may not be displayed but that's ok?

And simple suggestions you may recommend on the link structures?

Thank you over and over again

Chris

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom