More threads by pete101

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know whether if my broadband provider blocking my wordpress site will affect the SEO or google local listing?

I initally made it with .com version of my site using 1&1 consulting hosting, the wordpress was easy to see no blockage and also i added their free SSL certificate.

When i wanted to switch it to .co.uk version of the domain name i didnt know how so deleted the wordpress entirely and removed the .com version as it was an external domain.

I started again with .co.uk version also an external domain but when i load up the wordpress my broadband provider Talk Talk is blocking access to the site and i dont know why. My host provider said it is with your broadband provider as it can be viewed by all other providers (it can).

Would something like this affect my SEO and GMB local listing showing up high in top 3?

The only way i can access my wordpress from my broadband provider is to change the DNS settings.

Major annoyance. They have a homesafe filter option by default but it doesn't make sense why it allowed the .com version of the domain and now blocks the .co.uk maybe it triggered something cos i deleted the wordpress and started again using a similar domain all be it a .co.uk one?

Thanks

I recently had a similar issue - - so, this is worth a shot, it worked for me.

I was switching hosting companies, and I was unable to access login page for my WP site from my work computer. In fact, none of my employees were able to access the site.

My host company suggested that I contact my ISP and ask them to clear my "DNS cache."

Honestly, I'd never heard of such a thing, but I did it, and problem solved!

Hope that helps.

I recently had a similar issue - - so, this is worth a shot, it worked for me.

I was switching hosting companies, and I was unable to access login page for my WP site from my work computer. In fact, none of my employees were able to access the site.

My host company suggested that I contact my ISP and ask them to clear my "DNS cache."

Honestly, I'd never heard of such a thing, but I did it, and problem solved!

Hope that helps.
I tried that it didnt work the only way i can access it is change the DNS to googles with a static DNS in router.

Does anyone know whether this will affect my SEO if a broadband provider has my site inadvertently in their black list?

I already contacted them but they are notorious for doing nothing at all.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom