More threads by Maxw555

Maxw555

Reaction score
Company in the Southern California market all of a sudden appeared in google maps for gutter installation. I looked at their page as I'd never heard of them before, and all 750 of their reviews are for moving services.... They use to be a moving company and somehow pivoted the listing to gutter installation. How in the world is this possible? and to rank immediately is insane.

Has anyone seen this before. I would think the listing would have been suspended..

Are we talking genuine switch of service offering or could this just be a profile hijack? We've seen that a lot in LSAs (though the process there is completely different).

Are we talking genuine switch of service offering or could this just be a profile hijack? We've seen that a lot in LSAs (though the process there is completely different).

Genuine switch of services. New website, photos. I don't know if the address is the same or not. Just can tell going through the reviews, clear as day they use to operate as a moving company

They rank well now for "gutter installation" keywords? If so, it is wild they were able to pivot to such a different service and rank well right away; but if they have that many past reviews + are getting new reviews consistently, I can see that happening. Reviews can be super powerful, especially if the competition is lacking on reviews. Coupled with a new, gutter focused website and it's a winning combo.

Company in the Southern California market all of a sudden appeared in google maps for gutter installation. I looked at their page as I'd never heard of them before, and all 750 of their reviews are for moving services.... They use to be a moving company and somehow pivoted the listing to gutter installation. How in the world is this possible? and to rank immediately is insane.

Has anyone seen this before. I would think the listing would have been suspended..

Is the name of the company specifically related to gutter installations?

If it's a non-industry specific name they could have just pivoted into a new vertical . . . in that case as far as the GBP goes . . . the name wouldn't have changed, address wouldn't have changed, phone number wouldn't have changed and they would have just updated the website content but the URL on the GBP wouldn't have changed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Navigating GBP Support

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom