More threads by GoLocal

GoLocal

Solutions
Reaction score
I created a business directory and mapped it: Regina Pest Control - Google My Maps

In the last step it asked me if I wanted my name and photo to appear above it, I opted out but it mentioned something like you are always credited no matter what. This is a directory for business in another city and my personal profile (assume this is what gets credited?) is music related so it might look odd, i.e. "Music Calgary". Question: Should I just let this ride or should I create a GMB for this entity (online business directory no address) and then recreate the map, and it so will it get credited instead? Thank you. Any other tips or wisdom deeply appreciated and welcome.

Last edited:
Well it's the service. SEO is awesome but still need to offer things of value to human beings. I didn't create the map for SEO, it's just for humans. To help them. And make their lives easier. It took a few hours but I'm pleased with it. Cheers Keyser.

Last edited:
The map is just a site asset, I just created it so people in Regina can find a pest control service easier, it's a pretty scattered lot so that map is a lot more helpful than one might realize. No other purpose my friend, I just made it to be helpful. I made it as an afterhought for a local business directory, it wasn't part of any plan or strategy, just realized at the last minute it might be a nice resource and it was a no-brainer because I had already done all the foot work creating a spreadsheet of businesses and NAPs manually. Small town pest control, next step hollywood. Cheers.

You said you didn't do this for SEO, but now state you did it for SEO. Creating this so people in Regina can find local businesses is the definition of SEO. How will people find your list to find local pest control businesses in the area?

I stated no such thing. Much love Keyser, if it doesn't meet your expectations just pardon that. Can't win 'em all my friend. Have an awesome day.

I stated no such thing. Much love Keyser, if it doesn't meet your expectations just pardon that. Can't win 'em all my friend. Have an awesome day.

I am trying to understand why you created this and how people will find it. Can you answer me this?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom