More threads by kyleekay

kyleekay

Reaction score
Our profile has been live and verified for years, but we were asked to re-verify last week, so on Wednesday Aug 7 we submitted a verification video. Since then our profile has shown "Pending Edits" on the GBP dashboard with no change. We knew it could take 3-5 business days for the verification to go through, but we're past that now. Two days ago, our profile was still ranking and showing up in google search, but as of yesterday it is suddenly hidden. Even if you search for our brand name and the city we are in "protech auto glass kirkland wa" our profile does not show up. Is this some kind of glitch? It appears our profile is now unsearchable. However, the profile is still live on google as you can see from this link. We ran a new Local Viking ranking grid today and we've completely fallen off the map. We're rapidly losing business and we'd like to know what we can do to fix this. I contacted Google Support but it only gave me an option to email them. I've never seen this happen before but I'm thinking it must have to do with the re-veriification still processing. Could it be a bug in Google's system? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

protech ranking drop.001.jpeg

Last edited:
When I search that keyword I get a one-box. That could explain the rank drop since a local pack isn't even showing up.

1724238768256.jpg

Thank you both for your responses. Yes, JS Girard, you're right we're really concerned about not coming up for any of our keywords anymore... "windshield replacement" and "auto glass repair" are a couple others. All of these yield threepacks.

Colan to your point- I was trying to show that we don't even show up in search results for "brand name + location" The one-box result in your screenshot "Protech Auto Body Repair" is a different business. We are Protech Auto Glass and not affiliated with them.

He was testing for "windshield repair", though, and I'm definitely getting a threepack for that:

1724252961625.jpg

@kyleekay - I get a two-pack at the bottom of the page, so your profile is showing up for the query "protech auto glass kirkland wa".

protech auto glass kirkland wa.jpg

If I spoof my location to Kirkland and search for "auto glass kirkland wa", I find your profile in the 3-pack.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 8.27.10 AM.jpg

Have your grid scans recovered?

Can confirm:
1726243451363.jpg

This reminds me of the recent phenomenon I noticed where fusion or reverification cause reviews to vanish for a week or two.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom