More threads by Eddie Nehani

Eddie Nehani

Reaction score
We have a client in London ON, who already has an established GBP profile with their business name and location, call it (GBP Profile A). They acquired another insurance brokerage in the same city, a different company name, which has its own GBP profile (call it GBP Profile B). The client wants to move his current office (GBP Profile A) to the location of the insurance brokerage they acquired, and keep the business name. Does anyone have experience with this? What is the best practice here? Close the GBP location of the business they acquired (GBP Profile B), and change the address on their (GBP profile A), or work with Google to merge both profiles into one?
What about the reviews attached to the GBP Profile B, can those be merged?
I appreciate any feedback here.
Thanks

Solution
Hey Eddie,

Google won't merge the profiles. I would suggest you do the following:

1. Make sure the website for the company they acquired makes it clear they were acquired and are now Company A. If you're getting rid of the site, make the domain forward to company A

2. Once that's done, update the listing to be company A

3. Once that's done, wait a bit (probably at least a month or 2) and when you decide which office you're keeping and which you're closing down, contact support and ask them to move the one that's closing to the one you're keeping.
Hey Eddie,

1. Make sure the website for the company they acquired makes it clear they were acquired and are now Company A. If you're getting rid of the site, make the domain forward to company A

3. Once that's done, wait a bit (probably at least a month or 2) and when you decide which office you're keeping and which you're closing down, contact support and ask them to move the one that's closing to the one you're keeping.

Solution
Hey Eddie,

Thank you very much Joy. That makes perfect sense.

Hey Eddie,

ciao to everybody,

I have to bring to you a case of my own, where Google Support was very kind and merged two GBP after my request,

a residence with two GBP, to keep reviews and anything else I asked to merge to Google Support, the operation was also complicated by the fact that on one of the two GBP there was a large Street View virtual tour,

well, after a week successful operation

so if I have my say, yes, they do the merge

ciao

Giovanni

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom