More threads by nathangdavidson

Solutions
Reaction score
Morning,

I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me - I think I know the answer but it would be good to get confirmation if possible.

Here's the scenario.

I've spotted four separate GMB profiles, all set up as regular listings, all sharing the same address, with the address displayed on each.

The are all separate limited companies, each with their own brand name, each with their own website, but all in the same line of business.

Essentially they are all run by the same person or persons.

What I'm not clear on is whether they're eligible to have four GMB listings. My suspicion is they're not.

Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Nathan

If the location shows separate signage for all the businesses, they might qualify but if they're all using the same business category, it's extremely unlikely they'd be able to get the listings verified without triggering a suspension.

Thanks for coming back on this one too. In this instance they do all have a verified listing, but I think they've had them for some time now. I doubt they have separate signage for each business - it appears to be some sort of lockup/storage unit. Do you think I have grounds to get them removed? If it's possible could I direct message/email you the details?

If you’re worried about them taking up an unfair amount real estate in the serps, I wouldn’t be too concerned. Since the possum update businesses of the same category at the same address, or very close, tend to be filtered from results. If their visibility is divided across 4 listings then it just makes it harder for them to build a brand.

If you’re worried about them taking up an unfair amount real estate in the serps, I wouldn’t be too concerned. Since the possum update businesses of the same category at the same address, or very close, tend to be filtered from results. If their visibility is divided across 4 listings then it just makes it harder for them to build a brand.
Thanks for your reply. Absolutely I'm concerned about them taking up too much real estate in the SERPs. The possum update you refer to doesn't appear to have had the impact you suggest here - I appreciate this is only one SERP for one keyword, in one place. They're doing pretty well with their three verified listings at the same address, and I believe there are more.

bay-window-shutters-desktop-local-pack.JPG

This scenario is common in healthcare services, such as chiropractic. There's one business who either owns the building or is the primary tenant of the building/suite, and other service providers sublease from this tenant. So each one has their own business, website, listing, etc... they may share staff, such as front desk and billing staff.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom