More threads by jpayne7

jpayne7

Reaction score
Hello!

To Anyone who can help me get this issue resolve, I would greatly appreciate it.

Our client has a GMB they do not have access to. Their previous marketing company has not been responsive and when I go to search for the business in the claim feature, it does not appear. There is no option to claim the listing in maps or in search.

Does anyone know how to get a prompt to get it to appear whenever the top results do not show?

Thank you

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a business without the “own this business?” link when bringing up their business profile on a branded search. Have you tried searching the full business was name and address in search?

If the listing is verified, you won't see the option anywhere on Google Maps (maps.google.com). If that's the case, you'll have to do the following:
  • Go to the GMB Dashboard and create a new listing for your service area business. You will not get the existing listing in the drop-down to claim.
  • Go ahead and verify the listing.
  • After verifying your listing, if you go to your GMB Dashboard, the listing would have been marked as a Duplicate Location with a button ‘Request Access’ ( as there is another active listing on maps for this business already)
  • Go ahead and click on ‘Request Access’ button and fill in the form.
  • Wait for 7 days for the current owner to respond to your request.
  • If the owner approves your request, you are all set.
  • If the owner rejects/ignores the request, you can click on ‘claim’ button to re-verify the listing.
  • If no verification options are shown during verification, reach out to support to help with verifying the listing.

Hey Darren, my issue was when was whenever I got to this screen here:
1602082588622.png

The business name would not appear in search.

Joy this is a good idea, thanks for the tip! If I have anymore issues I will reply in this thread.

Yeah, that's typical with SABs, they don't always pull in that search. I think it's because it's using the Maps API (which doesn't include SABs).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom