More threads by Creativedge

Reaction score
Our agency has recently taken on a client who has a lot of preexisting accounts that they don't recall setting up and don't have usernames or passwords for. The one we're most concerned with is a Facebook business page that hasn't seen activity since 2017.

Does anyone know if Facebook provides a way to regain access to a business page, or have it removed so that a new one can replace it? I've tried requesting access via Meta Business Manager and asked the client to check any emails they may have to see if a request comes through, but so far there's been no luck on that end. I've been unable to find any way to contact Facebook for support in this matter.

Solution
Often, when access requests are being ignored and no one knows the original login information for an account that's been abandoned this long, it's likely that the email address that was originally associated with the account is no longer managed. This makes it tough to get approval, obviously.
Facebook does have a process for regaining control of a page or having it un-published if you've got proof of ownership of the brand. Getting through to support and actually getting it taken care of can be a time consuming challenge, however.
Have you attempted to complete the steps in the Account Recovery Process? They will require you try this before moving forward. If (when) that doesn't work, you can either try to contact support...
Often, when access requests are being ignored and no one knows the original login information for an account that's been abandoned this long, it's likely that the email address that was originally associated with the account is no longer managed. This makes it tough to get approval, obviously.
Facebook does have a process for regaining control of a page or having it un-published if you've got proof of ownership of the brand. Getting through to support and actually getting it taken care of can be a time consuming challenge, however.
Have you attempted to complete the steps in the Account Recovery Process? They will require you try this before moving forward. If (when) that doesn't work, you can either try to contact support directly or start the process to submit an Admin Dispute Request from the pending partner request that is waiting:
1. Go to Log into Facebook

2. Choose one of the most relevant options

3. Scroll down to the bottom and see if there's an option to click on “Chat with a Representative” -This is no longer on all pages, so it can be tricky to find. If you can see your pending partner requests (screenshot below) this will likely be your best option

I've been trying to locate the elusive chat support for several weeks now, I used to have a few links that worked, but lately support is nearly nonexistent. I'll continue to research and update as soon as I have more info.

Admin%20Dispute%20Request60d1e8d4254bc.jpg

Solution
Have you attempted to complete the steps in the Account Recovery Process? They will require you try this before moving forward. If (when) that doesn't work, you can either try to contact support directly or start the process to submit an Admin Dispute Request from the pending partner request that is waiting:
1. Go to Log into Facebook

2. Choose one of the most relevant options

3. Scroll down to the bottom and see if there's an option to click on “Chat with a Representative” -This is no longer on all pages, so it can be tricky to find. If you can see your pending partner requests (screenshot below) this will likely be your best option

I've been trying to locate the elusive chat support for several weeks now, I used to have a few links that worked, but lately support is nearly nonexistent. I'll continue to research and update as soon as I have more info.

Admin%20Dispute%20Request60d1e8d4254bc.jpg

I concur. I have not been able to find a chat button or any form of support for Facebook other than their published articles lately. Talking, emailing or chatting with a support rep does not seem to exist anymore.

I concur. I have not been able to find a chat button or any form of support for Facebook other than their published articles lately. Talking, emailing or chatting with a support rep does not seem to exist anymore.

I was able to get a chat option only by going through support for Facebook Ads. I was ultimately told that the client would have to do it themselves, as they wouldn't allow a third party to assist with regaining control of the page.

We are having the same issue for a client. Would it make sense to start a new Facebook page for the client and then submit a request to shut down the other page as it is a duplicate?

We are having the same issue for a client. Would it make sense to start a new Facebook page for the client and then submit a request to shut down the other page as it is a duplicate?

What did you end up doing with this? In the past we've had to create a new page, and then submit a request to merge the pages or unpublish it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom