More threads by cferg33

cferg33

Reaction score
Hi there, below is the quoted text from my client regarding their display ads;:)
I want to know is how GMB would categorize that referral traffic. We currently track and report on GMB Direct Searches, Discovery Searches, Search Views, and Map Views. I want to identify and possibly filter out the traffic lift from Adwords in our reporting of GMB activity.
As far as I can tell, in GBP manager you cannot filter out any information - are there any tools that would potentially track the specific traffic from interactions on the profile? If not, which metric should I be keeping a closer eye on? We have UTM codes on the website link and a call tracking number specific to the GBP.

Also, (probably should be my first question) would this be a bad idea for any reason?

For more context, know that I am their 'organic' consultant while they run their own ads alongside another consultant's campaigns.

Thanks in advance for any insights you all may have!

Hi there, below is the quoted text from my client regarding their display ads;:)

As far as I can tell, in GBP manager you cannot filter out any information - are there any tools that would potentially track the specific traffic from interactions on the profile? If not, which metric should I be keeping a closer eye on? We have UTM codes on the website link and a call tracking number specific to the GBP.

Also, (probably should be my first question) would this be a bad idea for any reason?

For more context, know that I am their 'organic' consultant while they run their own ads alongside another consultant's campaigns.

Thanks in advance for any insights you all may have!

I wouldn't because:
1. The Cost Per Click (CPC) for a GBP landing page is normally higher than a "normal" landing page.
2. You can't track Conversions on the GBP landing page.
3. The Bounce Rate is likely to be high (I'm speculating here) because the GBP landing page by default looks awful.

In summary, it's an expensive experiment with no known benefits.

I wouldn't because:
1. The Cost Per Click (CPC) for a GBP landing page is normally higher than a "normal" landing page.
2. You can't track Conversions on the GBP landing page.
3. The Bounce Rate is likely to be high (I'm speculating here) because the GBP landing page by default looks awful.

In summary, it's an expensive experiment with no known benefits.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and break this down. I agree and will be advising against this!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom