AllSearch52

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We are working on 1 listing which is quite troublesome.

Kumho Tyres Australia (doesn't even show up in Google Places when you search for it whilst it appears on Google Maps). Phone # is 1300 651 413

The listing appears verified but doesn't show up when you type the brand name "kumho Tyres Australia"

https://plus.google.com/106236316009456049876/
https://maps.google.com/?cid=17187489358283268689

Any advice is appreciated.

Also
It has a few franchises all who use the name "Kumho Tyres Australia" but they have a different phone # and location

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks for the links and details George.

Moving this to "Help and Support" which is the forum where help for a specific listing should be posted.

Is that the same client you asked about a year ago in the Private Pro Advanced Training forum? This whole time they've never ranked except for name?

AllSearch52

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

Yes same client. They do not rank (even for brand name search in Google Places).
Kumho.png

In Google Maps, they can be found by brand name although they are listed in the wrong category (which i changed)

Google Maps.jpg

I would love to know what went wrong.

Kumho.png

Google Maps.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

Yes same client. They do not rank (even for brand name search in Google Places).
View attachment 2181

In Google Maps, they can be found by brand name although they are listed in the wrong category (which i changed)

View attachment 2182

I would love to know what went wrong.
They organically rank as shown in your screenshot. You're doing a Web search though not via Local.

---------- Post Merged at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:23 AM ----------

How many branded tyre stores are there? It looks like there is only the HQ and the brand is sold through other existing stores. Hopefully the company hasn't tried setting up listings for the stores the brand is located at.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
They organically rank as shown in your screenshot. You're doing a Web search though not via Local.

Andrew web search in the 1st screen shot is what most people are concerned with.
That's where most people search so where most want to show up.

That's just a plain organic listing. No map marker and no Knowledge Graph.

I think he wonders why he does not show up like this: https://www.google.com.au/#q=kumho+tyres+bella+vista

George because that's a brand that's sold all over, or lots of places, Google is unsure if you are a just looking for general info or what. If someone is looking for the store and types in city like I did, it will display as you want, as above.

That happens all the time in US too. If it's a VERY distinct name that could not be confused with anything else and that only has one clear answer, sometimes it will show without city added. But typically you need to be more specific and add city to brand name to get the results you are hoping for.

Sorry should have explained yesterday.

AllSearch52

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

Thanks for the info, atleast now I have some solid info to take back to them.

It does suck though because if people wanted to rate the brand (not brand+location) it makes it highly impossible.

Reaction score
AllSearch52 you didn't answer my question about the locations. If there aren't branded stores then you'll run into ranking issues and likely no knowledge graph because Google isn't going to reward violations of its policies.

AllSearch52

Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

There are branded stores that exist but I am not sure if all the stores are on google places/mybusiness.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
And Andrew I don't believe his concern is even Places listings or local results.

Think his main concern is the branded search and the corporate location (store) showing up.

AllSearch52

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

The main concern was ensuring the brand had a listing show up where people could leave reviews as opposed to having the various locations(i think 73 in total show up). The corporate store is an office and not where people buy the product but the initial requirement was to get reviews to the main brand listing however as Google places focuses more on locations offering a service this may have been an erroneous strategy.

Quick question, what is the difference between places listings and local results ? The terminology may be knew to us. When one says "brand + location" isn't that a places listing/local result ?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
"The corporate store is an office and not where people buy the product"

I didn't realize. I thought it was also a store.

Do they see customers there locally or is it just a corporate office.

"but the initial requirement was to get reviews to the main brand listing"

Brand listings do not even have the reviews feature. Brand listings only have the social features plus they don't rank in search at all.

"Quick question, what is the difference between places listings and local results?"

Places listings are the G+ Local pages.

Local results are the list of G+ Local pages that show in the search results.

AllSearch52

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

To my knowledge no business is conducted at the location it is merely the office.

Most customers purchase the tyres from a dealer at a specific location that carries them then listed as branx+location e.g. Kumho Tyres [Location]

Thanks for explaining the difference between g+ local and google places.

Reaction score
You cannot use a descriptor (ie location) in the name for the Kumho Tyres stores. If some of these are other locations that carry your branded tires then you cannot have a Local page for those locations as the Local page would be for the place carrying the tires. The office is tricky for Local but likely could if not verified, is only editable via Map Maker.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining the difference between g+ local and google places.

No "g+ local and google places" are the same thing.

The question you asked above was different. You asked:
"Quick question, what is the difference between places listings and local results?"

So that's the answer I gave above.

AllSearch52

Reaction score
You cannot use a descriptor (ie location) in the name for the Kumho Tyres stores. If some of these are other locations that carry your branded tires then you cannot have a Local page for those locations as the Local page would be for the place carrying the tires. The office is tricky for Local but likely could if not verified, is only editable via Map Maker.

Hi Andrew,

You are right, we did some digging and found that the locations are stores that carry the brand as opposed to the brand having its own stores at various locations eg Dominoes Pizza Brooklyn etc

No "g+ local and google places" are the same thing.

The question you asked above was different. You asked:

So that's the answer I gave above.

Hi Linda,

Sorry thats an oversight. You were correct, you answered the right question.