Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been observing conversions coming from DuckDuckGo for several websites over the last few months. I know the search engine is gaining in usage but I am trying to figure out more about why we are seeing this trend.

Does anyone see the same pattern with websites you work on?

Do you use DuckDuckGo? I have yet to use it myself.

Zhivko

Reaction score
Funny. Same number as bing.

I definitely hear more and more people talk about DDG so I guess it really is gaining in usage.

I just checked a site with >80k monthly sessions. Last 30 days DDG brought only 124 sessions so clearly not huge and definitely no conversions. But it is interesting to compare month over month.

Capture.PNG

Edit: I forgot to answer your questions. I started using the Brave browser a month ago (super happy with it, strongly recommend it!!!) and it comes with DDG as a default search engine but I switched to Google. Somehow, I have to use Google because of my work, even if I don't want to.

mattheffner

Reaction score
Yes, I'm seeing it start to appear in conversions for online purchases, call tracking, and other goals. Maybe 2-3 conversions per month for some decently high traffic local sites so nothing huge yet but it seems the trend is increasing each month for the past 3-4 months at least.

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm seeing about 1.5% DDG as well.

I wonder if it is used more for informational searches since Google local is pretty strong. That being said, DDG has it's version of the 3 pack now.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm seeing about 1.5% DDG as well.

I wonder if it is used more for informational searches since Google local is pretty strong. That being said, DDG has it's version of the 3 pack now.

Where does it pull the 3-pack listings from (what source)?

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
DDG more than likely has a much higher trust factors with its user base than Google does. That might be driving the conversions.

After all, they switched to DDG more than likely over security concerns. So if they're concerned about security enough to switch to a search engine that isn't as robust, security is extremely important to them. And if they put that concern in the hands of DDG, it only stands to reason they are going to put a lot of weight on wherever they land with DDG.

Just my 2 cents.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Conversion tracking Local Search 8
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Shelly GMB Agency Dashboard Conversion Consultant's Corner 7
obcted Offline Conversion Tracking - FB Websites, Software, and Security 0
djbaxter Conversations or private messages How To Guides 0
codyecp CallRail - Main Line Tracking & Google Analytics Conversions Local Search 0
snysarah CallRail goals in Analytics not showing up in Google Ads conversions Paid Search and Local Service Ads 10
CharlotteSEOExpert Local Search Conversions Local Search 6
Garrett Sussman How the Best Marketing Agencies Use ORM To Boost Client Conversion Rates Local Reviews 6
JoshuaMackens Home Improvement Scheduling (For Conversion) Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Increase Conversions, Don't Just Drive Traffic - Partner with Zoho SalesIQ Consultant's Corner 1
Klaas Koopman After Conversion: Thank-you message or thank-you page? Marketing 10
Linda Buquet Are you CLOSED NOW on Google? Business Hours as a Conversion Rate Factor Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Linda Buquet The Power of Local Search: More Conversions with Less Traffic - Mini Case Study Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Crazy High Conversion Rates via Phone - 75% of Calls from Mobile Now Local Search 0
L ▶ Content, Clicks, & Conversion: Online Marketing Pros tell their secrets - Video Local Content 0
Linda Buquet ▶ Content, Clicks, & Conversion: Online Marketing Pros tell their secrets - Video Local Content 0
djbaxter Conversion Lift: Helping Marketers Better Understand the Impact of Facebook Ads Mobile & Social 0
Tim Colling Local vs 800 number - SEO impact? Conversion impact? Local Search 9
Adamk Pay Per Click Conversation about Reach Local Recycle Bin 22
L Low Traffic, High Conversions Consultant's Corner 6
Mike Wilton Google+ Local Conversion Generating "We currently do not support the location." Error Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Conversations with iPhone's Siri Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
JoyHawkins Hijacked Google My Business Listings On The Rise Google My Business & Google Maps 4
CJCJR Rise & Fall: Local Service Page via Paid Links Local Search 4
georgebizpro Google June Broad Core Update Case Study: Keyword-rich domains back on the rise? Google Algorithm Discussions 2
Dan Foland Has anyone else been experiencing a rise in Brute Force attacks on WordPress recently? Websites, Software, and Security 4
djbaxter Pew: Facebook usage and engagement on the rise Mobile & Social 0