More threads by Prominent

Reaction score
Just recently a new Google listing appeared for my client that is causing some major head aches.

The listing includes the address of one of their truck dealerships, the phone number of a different dealership, and the website address of a gateway to all their dealerships.

I submitted a request to remove it is as a duplicate, waited 2 weeks, then eventually took ownership of it and sent an email to GMB support.

GMB support have replied back saying that they don't have the power to make any changes to my listing, instead all they have provided me with is instructions on deleting a listing with no guarantees it will be removed from Google maps.

I'm at a loss as to my next steps. Please help.

@JoyHawkins wrote an article in May talking about the solutions to this.

You can read it here:

My issue has been resolved. Thankfully someone at GMB support was able to help me by instructing me to remove the offending location from my account and then requesting that it is merged with my good listing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom