More threads by Ray Litvak

Reaction score
Hi All,

How important is it to include your corporate brand name in your Title Tag(s) in 2024 and beyond? I ask in the spirit of optimizing the character count before it gets truncated and in the hope of increasing CTR via Organic SERPs. If the consensus is 'yes,' is it a best practice to include it on all pages, I.e., About, Service, Contact, etc?

And yes, I consider that me and my clients are not top-of-mind brand names like Nike, IBM, etc.

Thank you in advance for those that reply.
It is appreciated!
-Ray

I do not think you need to include the brand name in the title tag on every page. Though, I think you should include the brand name in the homepage title tag at the very end. Don’t worry if it causes you to go over the character limit (that really doesn’t matter). When you include the brand it will help ensure the title tag you want to be shown in the SERP is showing someone searches for your brand.

If you don’t include your brand name in the title tag, Google will often just remove your title altogether and show the user the brand name when they do brand searches. For example, Terminex's title tag is "Pest Control & Termite Treatment: Local Exterminators" but this is what shows when I search their brand:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 4.16.35 PM.jpg

On the flip side, Orkin's title tag is "Orkin Termite Treatment, Pest Control & Exterminator Service | Orkin" and that is what Google shows for them on a branded search

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 4.17.40 PM.jpg

I do not think you need to include the brand name in the title tag on every page. Though, I think you should include the brand name in the homepage title tag at the very end. Don’t worry if it causes you to go over the character limit (that really doesn’t matter). When you include the brand it will help ensure the title tag you want to be shown in the SERP is showing someone searches for your brand.

If you don’t include your brand name in the title tag, Google will often just remove your title altogether and show the user the brand name when they do brand searches. For example, Terminex's title tag is "Pest Control & Termite Treatment: Local Exterminators" but this is what shows when I search their brand:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 4.16.35 PM.jpg

On the flip side, Orkin's title tag is "Orkin Termite Treatment, Pest Control & Exterminator Service | Orkin" and that is what Google shows for them on a branded search

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 4.17.40 PM.jpg

Thank you, Elizabeth!
-Ray

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom