More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a customer heat map generator?

It doesn't really need to be a heat map, I just don't know what else to call it.

Basically, it's just a graph of all the jobs we've done in a location. It would be nice for the user to be able to zoom in and see street level mappings as well.

We just want to our customers to know that we service their area, we've serviced it hundreds of times before, and they even have neighbors that have used us as well.

Anyone know of a tool like this?

Interesting. Thanks for the recommendation!

It looks pretty expensive at $70 a month for one map. Am I reading that correctly?

I was hoping for a pretty neat solution (I can't be the only one interested in something like this) but there may not be one.

Wow, I honestly haven't used it in several years - - that does sound a bit pricey. BUT, it could be a VERY powerful feature on the site - - aid conversions, increase visitor time on site, etc; May well be worth $70/month. If you move forward with it, I'd love to see the final implementation. Keep us posted. :)

I'm not a developer, but there's some Google Maps code here that you might be able to figure out (or have a developer do it)... replace the lat/long and other info as relevant (ex. "center: sanFransisco,").

@JoshuaMackens - would Google MyMap pins work for your situation? Wouldn't necessarily be a heat map, but could create a custom map and embed as a public map. I've played around with this for other projects and they've turned out pretty good. Used this tool to create an embedded map and used the screenshot to create a PDF download for a client. It was a fun "walking tour" project we did.

I actually ended up using Zeemaps and created a map of all of the jobs the customer had done and then used their logo as a pin instead of a map marker. $19 per month. Just used it for one month to generate the maps I needed. Pretty cool.

I actually ended up using Zeemaps and created a map of all of the jobs the customer had done and then used their logo as a pin instead of a map marker. $19 per month. Just used it for one month to generate the maps I needed. Pretty cool.

Wow, $19! Affordable option - - I'll have to check it out.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom