More threads by Jo Shaer

Solutions
Reaction score
Just tidying up a client's account and found an unverified Google+ listing for an old home address so I'm going to delete it - it's incorrect and she no longer works out of her home.

However, as I get to the final 'Are you really sure?' delete page, you have to check a box that says:

Yes I understand that I will no longer manage the content for the Google+ page [NAME] but that the associated business information may still appear on Google Maps, Google+ Local, Google Search and elsewhere on Google

What exactly does that mean? Is this address going to rear its ugly head again at some point in the future? When I no longer have control of it...?

Hi Jo :)

It's a big scary message, isn't it? What Google is warning you of is that if other data sites like yellowpages, Localeze, etc. have that home address listed as the primary address, it may cause a bot to auto-create another listing in the future. I would advise making sure your citations are squeeky clean first, BEFORE deleting the listing, to prevent this from happening :) That means making sure the address on the listing you're deleting isn't listed in any directories or on any websites.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom