More threads by SDBradfo

Reaction score
I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out...

How do so many "big" companies have departments setup? We've spoken to Google and they've setup our profile as if one is a "mall" with the other profile stating "located in x" which is creating a massive amount of confusion.

Here's an example from Tesco where it clearly shows departments with opening hours for each one. tesco extra peterborough - Google Search

they have "Tesco Phone Shop" "Tesco Travel Money"

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out...

How do so many "big" companies have departments setup? We've spoken to Google and they've setup our profile as if one is a "mall" with the other profile stating "located in x" which is creating a massive amount of confusion.

Here's an example from Tesco where it clearly shows departments with opening hours for each one. tesco extra peterborough - Google Search

they have "Tesco Phone Shop" "Tesco Travel Money"

It's probably a feature extended to them by virtue of being a Supermarket. I've seen the same for car sales companies.

Hello! I searched for the 'Departments' feature on the forum and it led me to this post. That video is helpful - thank you, but I had a few additional logistical questions -

I work at a really large pet store. Our main Google Business profile is for that business, but we have a 'Department' for the grooming services within and for a pet rescue within. Recently, we changed the hours at some of our internal areas - in this case the live pet areas for fish and pets - and they're different than the rest of the store. We've had some customers complain that those different hours aren't visible on Google. So my big question then is - would it be better to create additional department pages for these areas? And if I did - what's the best strategy in terms of categorization play between the main business and these departments? Does it dilute the ability of the main page to show up - or does it effectively increase our footprint in search positively?

Thank you all for any feedback you can provide!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom