More threads by gray0620

gray0620

Reaction score
Hello.

We recently ranked number one for our local and key keyword in the local map pack, along with several of our competitors. However, after searching these same queries over the last week, it appears our business, along with our competitors is not showing up in the 3-pack. Is this an error by google that will self-correct, or is this an update or punishment by google?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Hello.

We recently ranked number one for our local and key keyword in the local map pack, along with several of our competitors. However, after searching these same queries over the last week, it appears our business, along with our competitors is not showing up in the 3-pack. Is this an error by google that will self-correct, or is this an update or punishment by google?

I can't be sure since I don't know what keywords are involved, but could a reevaluation of search intent be responsible? Things I've seen in the past include
  • Google switching spray painting queries in French from service-seeking to product seeking. The result was paint companies being replaced by hardware store...
Hello.

I can't be sure since I don't know what keywords are involved, but could a reevaluation of search intent be responsible? Things I've seen in the past include
  • Google switching spray painting queries in French from service-seeking to product seeking. The result was paint companies being replaced by hardware store selling spray painting equipment, then rolling that back in a later update
  • Google switching book keeping (Fr: tenue de livres) from an accounting query to a generic query, so that it showed mostly bookstores.
  • Google flip-flopping on the meaning of "CPA" in french. It can either mean chartered professional accountant (Comptable Professionnel Agréé) or a figure skating club (Club de Patinage Artistique)
Changes like that are not local algorithm changes, but directly impact local searches and are often associated with core updates. However, without knowing what exact queries are involved and what the new businesses showing up are, it's impossible to tell whether that is what's going on here.

Solution
Did you ever figure this out @gray0620 ? We experience major drops for several client GMPs, all between Feb 13 and 20. Adding reviews seemed to get one back to the top, haven't tested anything else.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom