More threads by Professor M

Professor M

Solutions
Reaction score
I think this is the first or second time I've asked for help with a case :)

I have a client who is a realtor who moved address as it was a service area business, we created a new business profile so he could rank in the new area and then we asked Google to merge the old profile into the new profile, nothing too special.

After a few emails, a GBP support supervisor merged the profiles, but the supervisor must have done something wrong because the old profile was not verified and the new profile was suspended during the merge process.

The supervisor told me that the profiles were successfully merged, but when I replied that actually instead of being merged, one got unverified and the other got suspended.

The supervisor asked us to appeal the suspension of the new profile, but our appeal was denied, probably because both profiles now have the same CID!

So I sent another contact form and this time they advised to verify the unverified profile, 2 days ago the client did the live video verification call and it was suspended as soon as it was verified, probably because of the CID.

Now both profiles are suspended!

What should we do, delete the new profile or delete the old profile and request reinstatement again? We are trying to keep the reviews wherever they are... Has anyone gone through the same situation?

Thank you!

Wow odd case! If both profiles now have the same CID it seems the merge did go through, but there is definitely something weird going on. I would not delete either profile, instead go back to the support team in the same email thread and ask them what to do now that both profiles are suspended. You should check the appeals tool too and see if you are eligible to appeal both the profiles, or if only 1 shows up.

If support cannot help, I would post this on the GBP forum and ask a PE to help. If no one chimes in, feel free to DM me the thread

Wow odd case! If both profiles now have the same CID it seems the merge did go through, but there is definitely something weird going on. I would not delete either profile, instead go back to the support team in the same email thread and ask them what to do now that both profiles are suspended. You should check the appeals tool too and see if you are eligible to appeal both the profiles, or if only 1 shows up.

If support cannot help, I would post this on the GBP forum and ask a PE to help. If no one chimes in, feel free to DM me the thread

Hi @ElizabethRule,

It is really odd, this is the first time this has happened to me after having request to merge profiles dozens of times over the years.

I went back and forth with support, now they started repeating the same "advice" or not responding at all. It has been over a month and a half trying to resolve this...

I posted on the GBP forum 2 days ago but there are so many threads that it will probably take time for a PE to see it, if no one chimes in by tomorrow, if it is ok I will accept your offer and I will DM you the thread if it is ok, I try not to be a burden but I am really stuck on this case.

I posted on the GBP forum 2 days ago but there are so many threads that it will probably take time for a PE to see it, if no one chimes in by tomorrow, if it is ok I will accept your offer and I will DM you the thread if it is ok, I try not to be a burden but I am really stuck on this case.

Don't worry about it! Send it over and I will take a look :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom