More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2021
Messages
229
Reaction score
23
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some clarity from the community regarding the badges earned through Google Local Services Ads (LSA)—specifically around branding changes and website usage guidelines for local service businesses.

With Google unifying LSA badging under the Google Verified mark, I wanted to ask how local SEOs and business owners are currently handling this regarding website display:

  1. Current Badge Status: What is the exact badge branding/design businesses should expect to see across LSA surfaces once verification is complete (Google Guaranteed vs. Google Verified)?
  2. Website Display Policy: Is manually embedding or displaying an LSA/Google Verified badge image on a local business website strictly against Google's Trademark Guidelines?
  3. Risks & Enforcement: Has anyone seen Google actually penalize or suspend a Google Business Profile (GBP) or LSA account for featuring an LSA badge graphic on a site's homepage or landing page?
  4. Compliant Alternatives: If placing the badge graphic directly on a site carries suspension risks, what are the best compliant ways you communicate LSA verification to website visitors?
Would appreciate any insights, official documentation links, or real-world experiences from the community!
 
Would your website visitors even know what these badges mean. And then how they check you are actually verified?

I often see badges of one sort of another in the footer of websites that aren't linked to anything. It means I have no way of checking. There was one website linked to a professional trade body with no means to find out if they were even a member.
 
Hey Matt,
I kind of agree with the previous sentiment; the whys - would the badges help CRO or increase revenue?
  1. Current Badge Status:What is the exact badge branding/design businesses should expect to see across LSA surfaces once verification is complete (Google Guaranteed vs. Google Verified)?
    1. The badges changed last year, "Google Verified will replace other LSA badges and programs, like Google Guaranteed, Google Screened, License Verified by Google and the Money Back Guarantee."
  2. Website Display Policy:Is manually embedding or displaying an LSA/Google Verified badge image on a local business website strictly against Google's Trademark Guidelines?
    1. I don't know, but I would imagine so, since people could just make a badge and display it that is not part of LSAs.
  3. Risks & Enforcement: Has anyone seen Google actually penalize or suspend a Google Business Profile (GBP) or LSA account for featuring an LSA badge graphic on a site's homepage or landing page?
    1. No, but I wouldn't risk it - again, what's the perceived benefit, solely to communicate the business is part of the LSA program?
  4. Compliant Alternatives: If placing the badge graphic directly on a site carries suspension risks, what are the best compliant ways you communicate LSA verification to website visitors?
    1. I don't know of any, and I would focus on communicating how you deliver excellent customer service.
 
Back
Top Bottom