More threads by meganforgey

meganforgey

Reaction score
Hello:

I'm curious if anyone has had a similar problem: We turned a listing into a SAB and it was disabled for a few days. After filling out a reinstatement request form, Google reinstated the listing. However, it took a few days to appear on Google again. We use the place ID to pull in reviews for our client’s new site, and while we can find the place ID, it doesn’t seem to be working. Has anyone else had an issue with Place IDs after their listing was disabled?

@meganforgey, so the place ID now is the same as it was when you showed the address (i.e. before you made it an SAB), correct? If so, it's probably an issue with the Google Maps API needing a specific address.

Related thread: Service area business has no findable Place ID
Thanks, Matt, yes I did try that and got the ID ok, but it still didn't work with the plugin, I think because although the business has GMB it's not listed on Maps. As it turns out I ended up forking out for the paid version of the plugin and it works a treat - apparently the free and paid versions use different google apis?! Odd...but at least it works now!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom