ChrisP

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client who has a backlink pointing to his home page. The backlink comes from a disgruntled employee, so we don’t want to start a digital war.

However, what we would like to do is whenever someone clicks from his website to my client's, we would redirect them to a different landing page on our site. Something funny like a gif of a singing bird. Obviously, that page with the singing bird would be noindex, nofollow and not connected anywhere on the site.

Please keep in mind that the link from the disgruntled employee goes to the home page. We use Wordpress, if that helps.

Thanks,
Chris

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, you can create a redirect based from incoming from a specific domain. Here's an example that was solved using the .htaccess file:

ChrisP

Reaction score
Thank you, Yan.

I will pass this information to our developer. Our developer should be able to convert the code to Nginx. However, would you happen to have the same code but for Nginx servers as this is what we use?

Chris

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. I would need to search for a solution so I cannot help you with you a specific answer.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
abbiebeltran Disgruntled former employee leaves 9 1-star reviews and counting on GMB listing Local Reviews 5
JohnS Disgruntled x-employee leaving fake Facebook reviews Local Reviews 4
Brian Bender Any success removing former and/or disgruntled employees' negative reviews? Local Reviews 8
S Mentioning Employees Name Local Reviews 2
C Help: new owner for biz, former employee created GMB, posting offensive photos and won't relinquish Help & Support for Google Local 12
djbaxter Bank employee gives customer's business negative Google Review after frustrating phone call Local Reviews 1
keyserholiday Business getting trashed for firing an employee Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Issues With Getting a Review From Ex Employee Removed on Google Local Reviews 23
Cherie Dickey Review left by former employee - against standards? Local Reviews 12
Garrett Sussman How to Hire Support Employees that Guarantee Positive Online Reviews Local Reviews 5
Garrett Sussman Your Employee Gets Called Out In a Review. Now What? Local Reviews 6
Tim Colling Rude call from Google employee (?) and moved office gets marked as closed Local Search 5
L Training Employees on Local SEO Consultant's Corner 7
G Fuck google - Let's destroy all entity including owners and employees - GoState.com Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Research Shows Under-cover Google Employees are "Top Reviewers" - Interesting Local Reviews 0
G Is Employee Background Verification beneficial to the employers? Recycle Bin 1
C Suite # Address Format - A Google Employee Response NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 14
Colan Nielsen Suite # Address Format - A Google Employee Response NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 14
Colan Nielsen Really Surprised by a Google Employee Response Local Search 5
Greg Bernhardt Is redirecting broken backlinks overrated? Organic SEO 3
djbaxter How To Use the new noindex and force redirect custom addon for threads Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter Testing new noindex and force redirect custom addon by TickTackk Admin Stuff 0
ChristianRdz Redirecting a ranking page to another site Organic SEO 4
sixthcitysarah Anyone know much on in-page PHP coded redirects? Websites, Software, and Security 1
PKLilikoi "Redirect Notice" in Google causing Toxic Link issue in Tools Organic SEO 3
J Issues with Spam Redirects Spam on Google 4
hajnasiewicz Issues with multiple domain redirects to one domain? Websites, Software, and Security 4
keyserholiday Google 301 redirect issue Local Search 5
A Redirecting sites via A Records Websites, Software, and Security 7
djbaxter Malicious WordPress Redirect Campaign Attacking Several Plugins Websites, Software, and Security 1
A Stacking 301 redirects Organic SEO 5
Jeffrey Taylor Website Redirects on Citations Moving or Name Changes 2
georgebizpro Redirect https domain to another https website Organic SEO 11
Vicky Trainor Do I need to redirect a business.site? Help & Support for Google Local 2
V Need Help: Fetch as Google shows redirected URL when it is not NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
vivekrpatel Need Help: Fetch as Google shows redirected URL when it is not NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
P Advice on URL Redirects Local Search 2
JoshuaMackens Getting GM to Redirect Traffic Google My Business & Google Maps 1
kbone Redirecting Customers to Google Rating/Review Box... Local Reviews 0
J Is there a way to tell if someone is 301 redirecting to your site. Local Search 1
H Still Grappling with the BIG change in 301 redirect rules. . . Local Search 9
K HEADS UP - Google Removing unverified G+ Pages - Redirecting to Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
timcapper DRAFT - Redirect Traffic from Other Business Pages to your Site through Images Post Drafts (Private) 0
Scott ClientClicks Advantage to using iframe over 301 redirect? Local Search 3
Eric Rohrback 301 redirect & Yext Image Question Local Search 0
HurricaneK8 CLOSED - Redirection H-E-Double-Hockey Sticks! Recycle Bin 1
R Website on GMB listing redirects to another website? Local Search 1
djbaxter Matt Cutts: What percentage of PageRank is lost through a 301 redirect? Organic SEO 0