More threads by ChrisP

ChrisP

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client who has a backlink pointing to his home page. The backlink comes from a disgruntled employee, so we don’t want to start a digital war.

However, what we would like to do is whenever someone clicks from his website to my client's, we would redirect them to a different landing page on our site. Something funny like a gif of a singing bird. Obviously, that page with the singing bird would be noindex, nofollow and not connected anywhere on the site.

Please keep in mind that the link from the disgruntled employee goes to the home page. We use Wordpress, if that helps.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, you can create a redirect based from incoming from a specific domain. Here's an example that was solved using the .htaccess file:

Thank you, Yan.

I will pass this information to our developer. Our developer should be able to convert the code to Nginx. However, would you happen to have the same code but for Nginx servers as this is what we use?

Chris

Unfortunately no. I would need to search for a solution so I cannot help you with you a specific answer.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom