Larry

Reaction score
Has Google Places or Google Local been merged with Google Plus? If I have a verified Google Plus business page, do I need a Google Places listing? I cannot find where to add categories in the Google Plus listing without doing it in Google Places local here: http://www.google.com/local/add/details

Keenan Glass

Reaction score
You should probably think of the verified local Google+ page as another name for the public facing page which is also your Places Listing.

If you have been upgraded to the New Places Dashboard, you can manage the core business data (and categories) via the link you listed above.

But the exact same interface is available once you are logged in as a Manager inside the G+ page management interface and click Edit Business Information.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks Keenan!

I was just coming to say same thing. You can add cats in G+. Just "manage this page" then click "Edit Business Information" and it's right in there under contact info.

Larry

Reaction score
Thank You keenan and Linda. I found it with your help. I was looking in the wrong area. It's all very confusing because of all the changes. It is very hard to keep up. Thanks for the help.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Google Places - Is this possible? Need advice quick Google My Business & Google Maps 6
B I need help on Suspended Google Places Account Help & Support for Google Local 11
R Google Places DUPLICATES ? Have Doctor, Dentist or Lawyer DUPES? You NEED to Read Thi Google Duplicates & Merges 0
R Google Places DUPLICATES ? Have Doctor, Dentist or Lawyer DUPES? You NEED to Read Thi Google Duplicates & Merges 0
whitespark Everything You Need to Know About Google My Business Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Do you need a Google account to leave a review? Local Reviews 8
Nathan_NZ Adding New Users in Google Search Console - Help Needed Organic SEO 2
Callmenicholi Google Maps API Without Iframe - Help Needed Google My Business & Google Maps 7
M Maps Help Needed - Ready to hire the right Google pro! Local SEO Job Board 15
V Need Help: Fetch as Google shows redirected URL when it is not NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
vivekrpatel Need Help: Fetch as Google shows redirected URL when it is not NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
O Needing some help identifying this pbn before I report to Google need confirmation fr Spam on Google 13
djbaxter Need advice. Google post card sent. Now client says no mail delivery there. Help & Support for Google Local 3
K Frustration with Google - Help Needed Help & Support for Google Local 9
A Business with national focus - Do I need Google+ Local or not? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Google Local Resources the Pros Need to Know Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet New Google Local 3 Pack Shake-Up: Definitive Overview - All You Need to Know Google My Business & Google Maps 9
JoyHawkins 8 Google URLS Every Local SEO Needs to Know Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Dustybones Google says no need for mobile sitemap Local Search 0
Chris Ratchford Need clarification about April 21st Google update Mobile & Social 5
Linda Buquet The Google Mobile Update - What you Need to Know for Local SEO Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Localwinner Help needed for connecting google Profiles Help & Support for Google Local 7
Linda Buquet 5 Google My Business Dashboard Warnings you Need to Pay Attention To Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter Google Propaganda, SEO, and Why Marketers Need to Wake Up Organic SEO 2
drian How many Google+ Pages do I need? Local Search 10
Linda Buquet Google+ Local: What You Need to Know Now + The Top Local Blogs Local Search 2
Local Search News Curator Google+ Local: What You Need to Know Now, The Top Blogs & Where to Get Help Recycle Bin 0
Stef Kiley Help needed with a spammy competitor Google My Business & Google Maps 1
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
NevenaIvanova Need help with business detail update of a Chinese business Local Search 3
dave101 Need Referral for CopyWriter Organic SEO 1
J Recommendations needed for creating a baseline Local Search 4
djbaxter PHP 8: What WordPress Users Need to Know Websites, Software, and Security 0
raellovepie Reported GMB keeps coming back. Need Advice Spam on Google 1
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
D SEO Audit Expert / Consultant Needed Local SEO Job Board 1
K I Need Guidance on How to Handle a Law Practice Buyout & Existing GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Hammer I need help with duplicate listings All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
J Advice Needed - GMB Listing Visibility Issues Help & Support for Google Local 7
B SAB With Virtual Address - Advice Needed Help & Support for Google Local 4
nathangdavidson Need to change the building name for a client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
RobertCarnitas Help Needed: Export/Copy List of Facebook Pages Managed Mobile & Social 4
P I need a recommendation of a person implementing Schema.org (vast experience in json-ld and SEO) Local SEO Job Board 4
Chris Ratchford Can't find call tracking on website... need to remove it Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Nicole Basham Multi-service Service Area Business: GMB Optimization Advice Needed Service Area Businesses 2
danielwallace Needing to transfer reviews from local listings to 1 service area listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
djbaxter Local SEO Experts You Need to Follow on Twitter Local Search 0
amandavantreuren Multiple Verifications needed for Delivery-Only Restaurants that Operate out of cloud kitchens Multi-Location Issues 3
EmilyW Need Help w/Requesting New GMB Postcard Google My Business & Google Maps 1